Weekend at Bernie\
Amazon VideoApple TVAMC+ Amazon ChannelHuluAMC Plus Apple TV Channel Google Play Movies
Vudu
Microsoft Store
AMC+
Weekend-at-Bernies
Weekend-at-Bernies

Weekend at Bernie's

1989
Comedy, Adventure
A pair of losers try to pretend that their murdered employer is really alive, but the murderer is out to "finish him off." (imdb)
Vudu
Microsoft Store
AMC+

I don't know why or how this inspired so many of The Rolling Stones' recent tours.
When I was 15 I got paralytically drunk at a friends party. I now wonder whether I also starred in a feature length film.
It was funny at the time when I was a kid. The chances of me finding it funny now are pretty slim though.
The premise itself kept me laughing for about 30 minutes, so even though it runs out of jokes pretty quickly, I found it pretty amusing overall. It's pretty wacky throughout, but the physical humor earns some giggles. The 80s were a weird time.
2020 Re-Watch: My how my sense of humour has changed over the years. When I was a kid, I thought this was hilarious, but watching it again some 30 years later, I didn't even laugh once. And holy shit, 90% of the movie is ADR. I guess there was too much seagull noise in the original audio. With that being said, if my friends DON"T "Weekend At Bernie's" my corpse when I die, something has gone horribly wrong with my last will and testament.

Submitted bymonkaholicmonkaholic on 03 Apr 2006