X-Men
X-Men-2000

X-Men

2000
Sci-fi, Action
Two mutants come to a private academy for mutants whose resident superhero team must oppose a powerful mutant terrorist organization. (imdb)
Franchise: X-Men
Amazon VideoApple TVDisney PlusStarz Apple TV ChannelGoogle Play MoviesVudu
Microsoft Store

This is where the modern wave of higher-quality superhero movies really started, so it gets points for that alone. It also happens to be a very good movie, if a tad smaller in scope than we've become accustomed to. The series would go on to much higher highs (X2, DOFP) and lower lows (The Last Stand, Origins: Wolverine), but as the "pilot" movie, it's indispensable.
Bonus points for being the trendsetter. Without the success of this film, it's unlikely we see a comic book revival and a handful of new superhero films vying for our summer dollars every year. At least not in the same way. While the script is not where it should be, Singer and the strong cast he's assembled give the movie its X-factor (forgive me). What happens to Halle Berry's career when she reads the shittiest dialog ever? The same thing that happens to everyone else. X2's way better. 3? No.
Some great actors, especially Stewart and McKellen, give what could've become the laughing stock of Hollywood some serious respect. It's a good drama about super heroes with great action. If that doesn't sound silly to you then check this out and enjoy it.
Whoever cast Anna Paquin as Rogue needs a good kicking.
I don't like superhero movies much and this one is the worst (I've seen). Poor acting (save Stewart and McKellan who have nothing to work with anyways), no particularly exciting action scenes and some of the worst dialogue.

58 Collections including 28 Collaborative and 30 Public