2006
Sci-fi
In the climax of the X-Men trilogy, a "cure" for mutancy threatens to alter the course of history. For the first time, mutants have a choice: retain their uniqueness, though it isolates and alienates them, or give up their powers and become human. (20th Century Fox)

2006
Sci-fi

Rated 17 May 2016
A complete mess, and a massive letdown after the fantastic X2. If only Bryan Singer didn't have such a hard-on for Superman.
Rated 29 Mar 2008
Took everything the second movie had established and crapped all over it. The thing was just a revolving-door of one-dimensional characters, and all the subtlety of the last one had vanished. The point at which the movie REALLY stopped making sense was when Magneto air-lifted the bridge to Alcatraz, and conveniently made sure to extend it to the mainland as well. You know, in case the army wanted to mount a counterattack and surround him. But hey, they killed James Marsden, so that's worth a 40!
Not as bad as I expected, but far from the brilliant X2. I don't think the problems are really Ratner's fault: the action sequences look fine, direction was adequate. The acting, too, is stellar, especially from McKellan. The fault is the writing: interesting and complex characters like Pyro are reduced to caracitures; some events happen for no particular reason, while others are left woefully underdeveloped; painful dialogue and unnecessary plot devices (e.g Mutant Class system), etc.
Rated 27 Nov 2006
wtf happened
The director does matter, it is obvious. Without Brian Singer, X-men 3 is no better than Fantastic Four.
Poor effort. I thought it was done completely wrong, and the first two were miles better.
Rated 29 Apr 2014
By far the worst. It was definitely the best looking film, and the money and SFX are far and above what we saw in the first one. The problem is (and I say this as someone who only partially enjoyed the first one) the script is non-existent, it makes no sense and there is no character development. I've sat here and mulled it over for a few hours and yes, a character literally flew by on screen for no reason. I like Ben Foster, but it's like they pasted him in just to get another mutant in.
Rated 01 Feb 2007
Makes a complete mockery of the comics, especially the Phoenix saga, not to mention how incredibly over powered the abilities are.
Rated 28 Sep 2007
Ok finale (?) for the x-men series. Due to the troubled production history, it was a wonder it wasn't a bunch of stock footage put together. Nonetheless, Ratner puts together some bravura action scenes surrounded by an extremely boring plot involving a possible mutant cure. It's a shame that Singer decided to leave this franchise...He would've had a field day with that plot. Unfortunately, Ratner drops the ball most times and only shines during those aforementioned action scenes.
Rated 10 Mar 2008
I'm so bummed that I didn't find this movie on par with the first two. I thought the story lines were slightly lacking, and was not satisfied with the end. There were plots and characters that seemed to be in the movie for reasons that never got developed and the plots that were developed left me either confused or questioning if there were holes. Oh well, we can hope for another, better, one.
Horrible. Tried to be funny - failed. Try to be exciting - failed. Plot plodded along almost as slowly as Da Vinci. Horrible.
Rated 10 Feb 2012
The only thing this series was missing was thousands of new mutants. What? You like the mutants that the franchise is already built around? Nope. You get less of them and some more new ones to fall in indifference with.
Rated 14 Jan 2010
That porcupine mutant kills me, if only because I imagine that's what that crazy Asian guy from The Sopranos became after busting out of that mental clinic.
Rated 01 Feb 2007
Quite possibly the best of the serries, this movie explores the depth of what it is to be exceptional and associated difficulty. Just like the orriginal works of Stan Lee this movie (though it doesn't hold the story-line quite faithfully) brings out his true style. Being different or conforming has little to do with the quality of your character, and even the best of us have our weaknesses.
Rated 11 Feb 2007
Good action but it's really clear they switched writers. It's quite distracting to see established characters break character. On a personal note I was really disappointed that Ben Foster, Angel, didn't get more screen time because he's a great actor. With all that said, the action is still very cool and entertaining it's just disappointing that the story isn't up to par with the first two.
Rated 11 Feb 2007
Action, action, action!
Rated 04 Sep 2016
Worst installment in the series. I can't get over how Magneto would choose the dumb mutant with the spikes on his face as his second hand man. It is so spectacularly nonsensical it's practically the only thing I could think of.
Rated 25 Mar 2007
Brett Ratner isn't up to par with Bryan Singer in terms of the last X-film, but "X3" is a satisfying action-yarn that exists purely as popcorn entertainment with a handful of goofy lines, great action sequences, and a breakneck pace. I don't understand all the hate for this one. It introduces some stupid characters, barely scratches the surface of others and then kills off some favorites, but overall, it's an entertaining action ride with a plot that I liked. I think it's in tune with "X1".
Rated 12 Mar 2009
The third installment of the X-Men series fails because they try too hard to introduce us to a lot of characters that fanboys and fangirls were salivating for. You can please some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time, but when you simply try to please every basement dweller on Earth all the time, you end up shooting yourself in the foot and letting people who enjoy movies down immensely.
Rated 16 Jun 2008
How frikkin disappointing was this?
Rated 19 Aug 2009
Way to kill a trilogy, Brett. Attaboy!
Rated 05 Mar 2008
A good X-men movie, but I liked the first two better. Definitely some surprises and neat effects, though.
Rated 25 Jul 2007
Sentinels, the Phoenix, Angel...and its lame. Good job Brett Ratner. You made me bored with my favorite comic book title as a kid, you schmuck!
Rated 30 Oct 2008
Fuck off
Character development? What's that?
Rated 03 Jul 2016
"The Last Stand" punctuates some of the best and some of the worst traits of the X-Men films. The social commentary and the moral dilemmas (being afraid of anything different, being tempted to conform in order to belong and how someone can hijack your vulnerabilities or fears for their own interests) are at the forefront of the film's plot. This more intelligent side of the franchise is contrasted by the amount of corny or silly dialogues. In any case, the solid action is the film's safety net.
Rated 20 Mar 2010
Aw... They wrecked it.
Rated 19 Dec 2008
loads of people hate this but i didnt think it was that bad.
Rated 23 Oct 2011
Definitely not the most disappointing movie in the whole franchise, but X-Men: The Last Stand doesn't try to tell a story worth telling. and it disposes of it's good characters to replace them with brown paper-bag mutants who aren't worth caring about. Story drags it down in some spots, even if it does end what is a good trilogy overall. Should have been way better. Post credit scene is hard to understand if you don't follow the comics too. Good acting and effects help make it better I guess.
Big let down after the first two installments (which were both better than they had any right to be). I want to blame Ratner for this mess, but nobody could have saved this disaster in the short amount of time the studio had alotted before its theatrical release.
Rated 13 Apr 2008
I can not even explain how bad this film is. If you care at all about this series, don't go see it.
Rated 04 Nov 2013
X3 is definitely the worst film in the series. Brett Ratner doesn't have any understanding of the characters or material that Bryan Singer did. The series has lost the heart, plot direction and character development that first two films so brilliantly balanced. Instead more explosions and less convincing set pieces are added. With the result being a very dull third act. Too many original characters are killed off too soon and new additions are poorly introduced. An awful and forgettable sequel.
Rated 27 Nov 2018
When I was in high school - high school, mind you - there was a moment I stood up in the middle of the theater in a "fuck you" posture and had to stumble over a couple of Professor X and Logan cosplays with their fake wheelchairs and toy claws in righteous indignation as I left the theater. I like to say I grew up since then, but this movie's still shit.
Rated 21 Jul 2008
Really disappointing. I'm looking forward to the wolverine spin-off though!
Rated 04 Sep 2009
Last stand? More like "can't stand." Hack-a-licious director Brett Ratner tarnishes the legacy of Bryan Singer's above-average superhero series with this lazy, unimaginative bore. Forget all the subtlety and coolness from the first two X-Men movies, because Ratner's replaced them with cheap-looking FX, incoherent storytelling, and barely disguised misogyny.
The action is so heart-poundingly intense that it feels like exercise. That's a plus, but something else was missing. It needed more time to develop some bits that could have made it much deeper and more captivating. It had chances, but they fell flat. I blame Brett Ratner, who simply isn't Brian Singer, but overall, it was a fine and fun trilogy ender. Really good!
I'm not a Brett Ratner fan, but he manages an average job on the third installment of the X-Men series. Still has excellent casting, although I'm not sure why Nightcrawler is missing. Good story. Certainly worth watching if you enjoyed the first two.
I liked everything that happened in this movie, and I thought the new director did a good job, but it was too brief. Things happen to quickly and without much effect on the characters. This movie could have used another good 10-20 minutes, just to let us see how the characters react to the events unfolding.
Rated 06 Mar 2008
A disappointing finale; seemed to get away from the character-driven aspects of the first two films and ended up being a (generally lackluster) typical "action flick." Perhaps the change in director was at fault. In any event, it was interesting to see the conclusion but I wish it had been better!
Slow, plodding, poorly paced and ridiculous. Not a sympathetic character among it, when I'm guessing the entire cast of "good" mutants" is supposed to be sympathetic. Major players look sick of being in costume.
It just had way too much going on, and treated its characters like they were completely disposable. That said, I still enjoyed myself.
Rated 05 Mar 2017
After Bryan Singer's departure, this X-men film has the reputation of being the worst of the original three. It has well earned that reputation, however the film is more a disappointment than it is a bad movie. The direction lacks subtly with a script that lacked much depth, literally jumping the Golden Gate Bridge in the last 30 minutes. All that, on top of being a let down as a sequel to one of the best comic book movies yet. The movie feels more hollow than anything
Rated 23 Apr 2022
The opening with the boy cutting his wings off brilliantly establishes the movie's main theme of being something you'd rather not see
Decent action movie, horrible X-Men movie. Sort of directionless in the first half. Kelsey Grammer delivers, but everything else was a joke. The end basically defeats the entire purpose of the plot, glaring flaws are noticeable (the immediate change from daytime to nightfall during the climax), and about a dozen things done purely for shock value. Comic fans will be pissed.
Rated 30 Nov 2006
Liked it more than the first two parts, maybe because I saw it on the big screen. Nice special-effects movie, but couldn't care less about plot and everything.
Rated 18 Mar 2011
Not as bad as everyone said it was, granted it has some flaws but it still is a solid superhero movie
Rated 19 Apr 2009
The scene with Phoenix at the house was pretty incredible. Some of the coolest effects I've ever seen. Also, part of the reason for relatively high ranking here is the original score by John Powell, some of the best original music in a film in recent memory.
Rated 20 Jul 2009
Worst of the trilogy. The film had potential, but the impact and story never reach the truly epic ambitions of the filmmakers. All I could think about while watching it was how good it could've been.
Rated 22 Feb 2008
I didn't like all the changes, especially the character emphasis. Wolverine was never a leading Mutant. I like the first.
Rated 08 Jan 2018
The movie catches a lot of flack for being a step down from the first two, which it is. It also catches flack for being too different from the comic stories its based on, which is also true. All that in consideration The Last Stand still works as a power filled X-Men action fest with some decent performances and worthwhile emotion moments to spare. Assuming one can accept the total mistreatment of the Dark Phoenix character.
Rated 18 Nov 2009
A weak entry into the series by Ratner.
Rated 04 Jan 2007
Very disappointing after X2.
Rated 11 Jan 2007
Desilusão. X-men não é isto...
Rated 21 Jun 2011
When I first saw this movie, I hated it. When I watched it again about 4 years later, I realized that it's not worth my hate. It's best to just forget this movie ever happened.
Rated 08 Oct 2007
Fully complies with its task of entertaining, emotional and still do us, think about important ideas.
Rated 26 Nov 2019
That villain monologue about how the revolution must happen because the higher powers will strike first is 100% correct. The rest of this uhhhhh there was a dude who sprouted wings or some shit
Rated 20 Aug 2010
Same flaws and good aspects as the previous movies with a higher special effects budget
Rated 09 Apr 2009
nice end of a story. nothing interesting just a happy ending.
Rated 29 Jun 2016
Maybe not QUITE as bad as its reputation suggests, but it's definitely not good. When you think of what *could* have been in this movie, what we got - despite a strong concept and some good acting - was really quite disappointing. Way too many characters end up feeling totally inconsequential, and it's obvious that some of the actors had scheduling conflicts. Shame, but at least the series would recover eventually.
Rated 19 Aug 2007
Can't say no to Patrick Stuart, plus the nifty fight scene in the end
Rated 26 Mar 2007
What the fuck happened to the X-Men franchise? This movie fucking killed EVERYTHING! I mean, take Cyclops out of most of the second film and give him a marginalized role in the first, but you're going to just KILL him before anything happens in the 3rd film? Wolverine is going to stab Jean instead of cure her of her craziness with the syringes lying EVERYWHERE? Man, this shit does not even deserve the score I give it now.
Rated 21 Jul 2011
Rated 07 Jul 2008
okay movie
Rated 06 Oct 2009
Felt more like a TV movie in all honesty; completely loses all the depth or allegory that was present in the first two movies. Nothing happens in this movie, it was like they weren't even trying.
Rated 09 Jun 2009
If you want to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Hollywood is a cesspool of whoredom and back-door deal-making, just look at the credits of the writers responsible for this monstrous piece of crap.
Rated 29 May 2007
Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg, Brett Ratner, you SOB's...
Rated 30 May 2007
No matter what the critics say, I enjoyed this great movie even more than its predecessors. And that counts!
Rated 25 Apr 2010
While it's more of the same of the previous contingent of x-men live action films, it somehow digs a little deeper in to the absurd of a comic book world. As a result, you have more of the comic book cheese, coupled with cursory characters that are just there. For instance, throughout the entire film the wings guy is just flying around. That's basically all he does.
Rated 16 Apr 2014
- 4/19/14
Rated 08 Aug 2008
Twas good. I mite be giving this film more credit than it should be worth cos i watched the first half before i went out and it was grand, and i got home and watched the second half somewhat tipsy and it did kinda rock lol. So in conclusion 2nd half is better heh :)
Rated 19 Jul 2007
The final X-Men movie...It was pretty disappointing in ways but still not a bad movie if you have seen the other 2, which in them selves are that great of movies.
Rated 24 Jul 2007
Temmuz 07 - evdeizle.com
Rated 12 Oct 2014
There are good ideas here, but it's just so lazy. Lots of decent setups with no real payoff, dialog that is functional but doesn't really do much other than explain or give lines for a trailer, subplots that don't quite go anywhere. I mean, you've got wing guy, who shows up I think three times and does nothing of consequence, as though they couldn't be bothered to give him a story but also had a wing costume so might as well throw him in there.
Rated 20 Aug 2013
Good plot, great action sequences, and decent character development for many of the mutants.
Rated 03 Dec 2016
I can't in good faith call this a bad movie only because of the terrible X-Men films to come. Still, following X2, this was a major disappointment.
Rated 05 Aug 2007
Perhaps the best of an odd lot of films, X3 delivers the magnificent battles we had hoped for in the first film and the quick plotting we wanted in the second. McKellen walks away with the whole film but there was still a lot more that could have been done with the trilogy. Generally fun but a wasted opportunity to do something truly great.
not as strong as 2 but not a bad effort considering their director went "super"...The problems of this film: writing, develoment, coherence are covered up by the compelling action sequences and stellar effects...
Rated 30 Jan 2009
All points for Vinnie Jones.
Rated 27 Dec 2007
"Did... did they just kill off Cyclops...? This... this is the best X-Men movie EVER!"
Rated 14 Dec 2008
"How to kill a franchise" by Brett Ratner
decent
Aggressively, painfully mediocre. Has enough material for about four movies shoved into one, barely over 90 minutes. If it feels like a rush job with a weak director, that's because it is.
Rated 09 May 2008
There is a single gene that causes all mutant powers and you can fix it with antibodies. Come on, you're not even trying.
Rated 05 Jul 2012
This is the film of contradictions both good and bad. This has some of the best ideas of the first three films as well as some of the cheesiest parts.
Rated 09 Jan 2012
Quite possibly the worst superhero movie ever made, this film seems to exist solely to make comics fans angry.
Lots of X-Men die through wacky mis-haps. Not as good as part 2 but still pretty damn good.
X-Men really jumped the shark on this one, and definitely not in a good way.
Rated 08 Sep 2021
Magneto was an anti-vaxxer before it was cool.
Started off so promising, but fizzled out. What a wasted opportunity.
EVERYBODY DIES
Rated 23 Feb 2010
Nice movie...
Rated 02 Sep 2007
Not great, the ending was a bit of an anti-climax to say the least. Beyond the action it is severely held back by excess, with a confusing execution and far too many characters for a limited screen time.
Soooo close to being crap...
Not as fun as the first two, but still a blast of mutant energy. I loved Professor X and Magneto bickering like an old British gay couple: "Charles . . ." Plus, when Phoenix disintegrates Wolverine's clothing, why do his pants stay on???
Rated 19 Aug 2009
Not all third instalments in a series are as good as this movie turned out to be. But with the right effects and a band of mutant superheroes, what else can you expect but a good movie?
Rated 20 Jan 2024
There are some potentially compelling ideas in this movie, which are immediately shattered when Fox hired known hack and all around terrible person Brett Ratner to direct this. What results is a mess of plotholes, paper-thin characters, painful over-acting by good actors, and incredibly cheesy one-liners. The whole thing is, for lack of a better word, very stupid.
Rated 15 Oct 2008
once again, marvel! i must say hugh jackman catched the wolverine spirit, the best character in this trilogy. Some interesting action scenes
Rated 28 Oct 2007
Brett Ratner, please stop hurting America.
fun movie, but that's it
Rated 02 Sep 2015
The final in X-Men trilogy, A mutant "cure" has been developed. Now our mutant friends have for the first time, a choice between retaining their uniqueness which alienates them, or giving up their powers and become normal, respectable human beings The opposing viewpoints of rival leaders Xavier(Stewart) who preaches tolerance, and Magneto(McKellen), who believes in the survival of the fittest are put to the ultimate test triggering the war to end all wars Jean Grey's back