Y-Tu-Mama-Tambien

Ratings and reviews:

Y Tu Mamá También

2001
Romance, Comedy
A great feel-good-roadmovie-sex-comedy combined with an intriguing narrator, commenting the political disorders in Mexico in a very light, but at the same time very effective way.
I love the exhilaratingly explored disintegration of sexual mores, I love the narrator's irony-drenched asides that pinpoint the characters' ignorance of a ravenous class divide and culture of corruption in Mexico, I love the last-minute revelation that brings a new context to every scene with a certain character, I love the joy that permeates every shot of this film.
Starts awful and almost brainless but when the road trip starts it becomes really fun and interesting. Ending was great. Yet another great performance from Bernal.
There are many things that make Y tu Mama Tambien unique.But i think the most important one is that all protagonist's spread their own amazing charme. Everything feel's comprehensible,beeing young,wild & free. making experience and be open minded for anyone.and at least this movie shows the evenescense of all things.if you want it or not.It is the way of the world so living la vida loca.
Finally something I can masturbate to AND have an enjoyable movie experience with. Romantic melodrama done right.
Good, but doesn't live up to the hype. Not especially profound. Some nice character moments, though. The two boys aren't very likable, and yet you still care about them and hope they turn out okay.
Beautiful scenery and a story full of life. Hollywood teenage road movies have a lot to learn from this gem.
A funny, immensely lively teen road trip sex movie with MEXICAN CINEMA MAGIC. All three lead characters take rich shape over the course of the film, and when all is said and done you've become emotionally involved. A very good film.
A film that succinctly examines the true function of fantasy and its brutal consequence. On the surface: A free, erotic journey for two best friends & their dream woman. In reality: A rapid structural disintegration of bonds created by shared fantastical desires & hidden obscenities, by way of total exposure to the object of desire itself. This applies to the viewers: At every turn, Cuarón breaks the rhythm of his indulgent roadtrip to remind us of the sociopolitical corruption in the periphery
A personal favorite. It's a strange, but mesmerizing journey that leaves you alone and gasping at the end (like life.) It's a movie that wants to say so much and says it so well and with such earnestness. A road movie-buddy comedy mashed with existential class and sexual commentary. Unbelievable. Also, I'm always a sucker for García Bernal, but it's Maribel Verdú who gives the best performance.
One of the best foreign language movies out there, worth a look even if you are put off by subtitles.
This movie has some interesting things to say about the nature of human relationships, but it takes WAY too long getting there. I had lost interest by the final third.
Great.
the best import film in years
Let me say this. The title is hilarious. Anyways. This is a classic road movie in the very best sense, with believable and realistic sex thrown in. It may be the best road movie I've ever seen. Maybe. I saw this thrown on to quite a few "best of the decade" lists, and I totally understand why. Don't watch the trailer though. It's so bad that it almost stopped me from watching the movie.
This is one of my favourite movies. It is so funny, sad and most importantly authentic that it hurts. An underrated masterpiece.
Great teen road trip movie, but this time done in Mexico with a huge dose of magical realism.
Sweet and smart film from the Mexican director.
More soulful and alive than most films.
A sorta sexy film that portrays teenagers pretty realistically. I mean, I guess you have to look like Gael Garcia Bernal in order to snag such a foxy cougar, but, you know, I thought it was pretty realistic.
A film about the friendship between two guys and how the sex may interfere in such a way the friendship. And all these things, shown of the most realistic way possible. Great.
A wonderful Mexican film, great acting and a touching story of two young men growing up and apart...
Sad, lovely, and an excellent story. All the things I love in films.
Probably my favorite film about the teenage years, that also happens to be about Mexico. The female character is tragic, but there's still so much joy throughout, and I always want to go travel the world afterwards. The three leads range from good to great (I really like Bernal in this) and the editing, cinematography, and direction are all pitch-perfect.
One of the greatest road-movies ever made.