The Disappearance of Critic Reviews

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Disappearance of Critic Reviews

Post by mpowell »

CitizenX wrote:critics are still in starred reviews ;)

... Not anymore! Thanks for pointing that out, and sorry for removing it. We have to make sure that the reviews aren't accessible, if we're going to avoid a lawsuit.

Also, thanks to all of you guys for the encouraging comments. It's been heartening to read those, and we appreciate it.

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Notice that Neil Miller's user is still active, he's with the rest of the users. He's the only critic I saw but maybe there's more; you should check it out.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

KGB wrote:Notice that Neil Miller's user is still active, he's with the rest of the users. He's the only critic I saw but maybe there's more; you should check it out.

Neil Miller actually signed up for a Criticker account himself, so his reviews are still accessible. There are a couple other critics like this.

AFlickering
2994 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

mpowell wrote:
KGB wrote:Notice that Neil Miller's user is still active, he's with the rest of the users. He's the only critic I saw but maybe there's more; you should check it out.

Neil Miller actually signed up for a Criticker account himself, so his reviews are still accessible. There are a couple other critics like this.

chaw is Walter Chaw from filmfreakcentral (my favourite critic i might add)

wokelstein is Alex Jackson from the same site and i have a feeling there are others signed up from there

AFlickering
2994 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

attn: critics reviews are still appearing in the recent kumpel activity list

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

AFlickering wrote:attn: critics reviews are still appearing in the recent kumpel activity list

Taken care of! Thanks for pointing that out...

jeff_h
1422 Ratings

Post by jeff_h »

Also still appearing in lots of the new releases, albeit without a TCI value. Not sure if this is intended or not

Jellysauce
1113 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

i honestly only looked at the critics reveiws like once or twice ever.

the users are more important to me than any critic

elayem
118 Ratings

Post by elayem »

mpowell wrote:We're looking into alternative ways of reproducing this data, but so far haven't had any luck.

Has there been any development on showing critics that most match our taste/opinion? I just created an account tonight because I wanted to find a critic to follow, and was very saddened to find out that feature is gone.