Can I rate lots of films fast?

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
hocc
350 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Can I rate lots of films fast?

Post by hocc »

Rank More Films is just too darn slow--too few films that I've seen, and too long a delay before each batch. Entering them one by one in Search is also tedious.

Is there any way to upload a long list of films and then rate them? Better yet, upload a list with the ranks already part of the line?

PeaceAnarchy
7005 Ratings

Re: Can I rate lots of films fast?

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

No, there's no way to upload films. Your best bet for batch rating is to use filters to rank by year or genre. For example: http://www.criticker.com/?fl&view=all&f ... t1990zuzor orders your unranked films from 1990 by number of ratings. You can click on year to change the years. You can rank films directly on the page by clicking the PSI or + beside the name. You could also go through some collections or through the rankings of users who've seen a lot. Search should work for the rest.

hocc
350 Ratings

Post by hocc »

Thanks. You've saved me from keeping on looking for a sensible way to enter a lot of ratings. I suppose this obstructive user interface has something to do with the need to display more ads?

TV+Film-Hub
2822 Ratings

Post by TV+Film-Hub »

PeaceAnarchy wrote:No, there's no way to upload films. Your best bet for batch rating is to use filters to rank by year or genre. For example: http://www.criticker.com/?fl&view=all&f ... t1990zuzor orders your unranked films from 1990 by number of ratings. You can click on year to change the years. You can rank films directly on the page by clicking the PSI or + beside the name. You could also go through some collections or through the rankings of users who've seen a lot. Search should work for the rest.

hocc wrote:Rank More Films is just too darn slow--too few films that I've seen, and too long a delay before each batch. Entering them one by one in Search is also tedious.

Is there any way to upload a long list of films and then rate them? Better yet, upload a list with the ranks already part of the line?

I would do what Hocc said, but then I would refine the "Filters" (left hand side of the page). Set the year to a range in which you've been doing most of your film watching; then in popularity uncheck obscure and very obscure; and finally, in order by choose # Rankings and check Only Unranked Films, so it shows you the most popular films you haven't yet ranked, these are most likely the film you actually did see, but didn't rank yet.

PeaceAnarchy
7005 Ratings

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

hocc wrote:Thanks. You've saved me from keeping on looking for a sensible way to enter a lot of ratings. I suppose this obstructive user interface has something to do with the need to display more ads?

I doubt it, from my time here the ads seem pretty unobtrusive and I find the interface to generally be pretty clean and efficient, though some options do take some getting used to. If you're talking specifically about the Rank More Films page, I never use it but going there now it does seem to load a little slow. That might be something for them to look at when they read this.