20 days behind?

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
mynameisdoug
2199 Ratings
Your TCI: na

20 days behind?

Post by mynameisdoug »

So the review process for each submitted film is currently 20 days. I remember not too long ago it was only about 5 days. Why the sudden increase? Why is it taking longer now than it used to?

edkrak
3745 Ratings

Re: 20 days behind?

Post by edkrak »

Considering that there were some changes on directors/actors pages recently, I'd guess that admins are focusing their work on this issue instead of adding new films.

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

I'm surprised they haven't taken a more "crowd-sourcing" type of approach and enlisted the help of volunteers who are members of the site. Seems like a heck of a lot of work to just do it all themselves...

Maybe if they asked for help with the basic stuff then it would free the admins up to address issues which were raised 3+ years ago and have yet to be dealt with.

td888
3958 Ratings

Post by td888 »

nauru wrote:I'm surprised they haven't taken a more "crowd-sourcing" type of approach and enlisted the help of volunteers who are members of the site. Seems like a heck of a lot of work to just do it all themselves...

I remember this issue was raised in the past as well, and I seem to remember that the admins promised to go that way..... Anyway, I am still up for it. They can set some criteria (a minimum number of ranked films, a member for at least x-months, invite only, etc..) to get the new movies reviewed quicker.

At the moment I saw some movies which are still in preview stage (for weeks now), and once they get processed I only give them a score and no review because I basically forget what I wanted to say about it.