Does not rating bad movies negatively impact my criticker?

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
VorpalKitten
767 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Does not rating bad movies negatively impact my criticker?

Post by VorpalKitten »

Like most people, I tend not to watch a lot of movies that I don't like... should I maybe add bad ratings to movies I think are abysmal from watching the trailers? Or is this not a real issue?

PeaceAnarchy
7005 Ratings

Re: Does not rating bad movies negatively impact my criticke

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

It's not a real issue since most people are in the same boat, so matches work out. It just means that Tier 3 for example is not as bad as you might initially think.

Mvnl
394 Ratings

Post by Mvnl »

I was wondering the same thing. Especially when I open recommendations and I get a list of movies that don't appeal to me at all, and my best TCI's seem to have a completely different taste as well.
Perhaps I just got a too mainstream and sappy taste for this site, but I'd think even then there should be one or two others matching that taste..

PeaceAnarchy
7005 Ratings

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

Mvnl wrote:I was wondering the same thing. Especially when I open recommendations and I get a list of movies that don't appeal to me at all, and my best TCI's seem to have a completely different taste as well.
Perhaps I just got a too mainstream and sappy taste for this site, but I'd think even then there should be one or two others matching that taste..

You might try increasing the number of films required to generate PSIs. What's likely happening is you're matching with people who have similar taste in mainstream films as you, but also like other more obscure films. Maybe give a few of those films a shot. If you like them welcome to a whole new world of possibilities, if you don't then your low rating will make those people less of a match with you and you'll receive less of their recommendations.

ultrahobo
731 Ratings

Post by ultrahobo »

I think adding bad movies you watched is always good idea. I know its hard since if you haven't seen bad ones, means you just havent seen them. Nothing you can do about it. And wathing crappy films just for that purpose is also bad idea. But try to remember some of them from your past. I did this last week and i managed to remember few dozens of terrible movies i decided to hide in my dusty,dark parts of my memory. I'm sure there are some out there. And you can't believe how fun its to rate them. "Hmm,aha! I remember you. 20!!!! Bam :twisted: :lol: (with a psychotic laugh). It definitely gives you healthier tier results.