I have no tier 5.

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
stuie299
1450 Ratings
Your TCI: na

I have no tier 5.

Post by stuie299 »

All of my tier 5 movies now say tier 4 and I currently have no tier 5. Can someone explain this to me? I know it has something to do with Criticker's algorithm and how I rate films, but I don't understand why it got rid of tier 5 (which had a decent amount of rankings) instead of say tier 2 or 3 (which didn't have that many rankings). Most of my rankings are between tiers 4-9. Do I have to watch a bunch of bad tier 1-3 movies to balance it out or is there an easier solution?

PeaceAnarchy
7005 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: I have no tier 5.

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

stuie299 wrote:All of my tier 5 movies now say tier 4 and I currently have no tier 5. Can someone explain this to me? I know it has something to do with Criticker's algorithm and how I rate films, but I don't understand why it got rid of tier 5 (which had a decent amount of rankings) instead of say tier 2 or 3 (which didn't have that many rankings). Most of my rankings are between tiers 4-9. Do I have to watch a bunch of bad tier 1-3 movies to balance it out or is there an easier solution?
It has nothing to do with good or bad films, just the number of films at a certain score. At the moment Tier 7 is 80, tier 6 is 75 and tier 4 is 70 for you. Since those are the only scores you have in that range there's nowhere for tier 5 to squeeze in. Watching more good films would help as much as watching bad films, or just rating on a finer scale. It shouldn't make a significant difference in your PSIs wither way, though, so no need to worry.