"best TCI" list not working

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
livelove
67 Ratings
Your TCI: na

"best TCI" list not working

Post by livelove »

This is either a bug or I am misunderstanding something (I am pretty new here):

When I go to list of my "best TCIs" at http://www.criticker.com/?tl I get this:

Code: Select all

#1 0.5714 Barthez 
#2 0.7143 jadecordova
#3 0.7273 barisferah
#4 0.7500 alkhazal
#5 0.7500 DrowsyOne

But when clicking on the users, their TCIs are considerably higher:

Code: Select all

Barthez: 1.1000
jadecordova: 1.0000
barisferah: 1.2857
alkhazal: 1.4000
DrowsyOne: 1.0000

Problems:
  • 1) None of them has a TCI below 1, as was indicated in the list above.
  • 2) Also note that the order of the first and second list does not match, e.g. the best TCI in the "best TCI" list (namely 0.5714 Barthez), has a higher TCI (1.1) than the 2 other users with TCI 1.0
  • 3) When I click on "Generate 50 More TCIs" all of a sudden there is a new best TCI (0.4000 soia1979) ... how come? Am I not supposed to see my best TCIs, when I click on "best TCIs" ?!? If this is by design, it is not a very good and logical design I am afraid.

BTW: The [list=] bbcode does not work here. Only [list]. Which is strange, because phpBB is used all over the net ...

livelove
67 Ratings

Re: "best TCI" list not working

Post by livelove »

[selfdeleted]
Last edited by livelove on Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Your reply was spot on, movieboy. Thank you. You are right, after clicking on my #1 user and seeing the higher TCI in its userprofile, the #1 user is removed from my best TCI list, #2 becomes #1, #3 becomes #2 and so on ...

The problem is, that ALL users in the best TCI list do have a considerably higher TCI than their listed value, so when I click on my top TCI users, ALL of them disappear from my list one by one ...

Given that my best TCIs are all considerably off,
is there a function to recalculate all TCIs or at least to delete all TCIs in order to restart from scratch ?

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Thank you movieboy for supporting us newcomers here ;)

Would deleting all my rankings (and re-entering them) help ?
I mean, if I delete all my rankings, would all TCIs be deleted, or will they stay ?

If they stay (which wouldn't make any sense), it wouldn't be of any help.
However, if they get all deleted, I could re-enter all films at once (in one batch) and only afterwards calculate the TCIs, so that avoid at least those completely wrong TCIs, that are calculated in the very beginning, when you have ranked only 10-20 movies.

Can you see, what I am trying to say ?

It's a pity, that there is not a recalculate/refresh all TCIs function.

Why is that?
If it is button which has to be activated manually (like the "generate 50 more TCIs" button), than it would not put any excessive workload on the server.

And it would be incredibly helpful.
Even you guys who have 200+ ranked movies, you cannot be sure how many of your TCIs are quite outdated, i.e. stemming from an older period, when you had only <100 movies listed, thus throwing off your PSIs as well. There is just no way to know, how old your TCIs are. So if servers cannot recalcualte *ALL* your TCIs on a regular basis, it would at least be helpful to offer a "recalcualte TCI" button on a manual (on demand) basis. Wouldn't you agree ?

Don't worry about it till you have ranked at least 200 odd movies.

I never rank odd movies.
Just kidding :D