What's up with the search?

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
Ag0stoMesmer
4943 Ratings
Your TCI: na

What's up with the search?

Post by Ag0stoMesmer »

They've always been strict about punctuation and accents but now I must type 'deafness' rather than 'deaf' or 'australian' rather than 'aus' to find relevant collections, querying '3D' produces no result at all (it's still there though).

Guessing a reset or recovery has brought back these old-school search box defaults but, having years ago abandoned touch-typing in favour of a proper two-finger programming style it's proving far more painful than it should.

livelove
67 Ratings

Re: What's up with the search?

Post by livelove »

Ag0stoMesmer wrote:They've always been strict about punctuation and accents but now I must type 'deafness' rather than 'deaf' or 'australian' rather than 'aus' to find relevant collections,

• The searchbox entitled "Search for a Public Collection" in a film's collection tab (the tab right next to "buy") does NOT, however.
I agree that it would be logical to expect the same behaviour in both cases.
And I also agree that the former behaviour (accepting partial matches) is the more helpful one of the two.

Ag0stoMesmer
4943 Ratings

Post by Ag0stoMesmer »

Forgot there's a search on the collections page, only use the main and one in the collections tab

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Ag0stoMesmer wrote:I only use the main and one in the collections tab

where is the main one ?