imdb, tomatoes, metacritic ratings and much more info on criticker with userscript

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
90sCoffee
2242 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: imdb, tomatoes, metacritic ratings and much more info on criticker with userscript

Post by 90sCoffee »

The script seems to have stopped working for me on Criticker, nothing showing up anymore. Anyone else have the same problem?

It still works on imdb (the site is screwed up until you disable greasemonkey).

babaracus
3121 Ratings

Re: imdb, tomatoes, metacritic ratings and much more info on criticker with userscript

Post by babaracus »

KalltKaffe wrote:The script seems to have stopped working for me on Criticker, nothing showing up anymore. Anyone else have the same problem?

It still works on imdb (the site is screwed up until you disable greasemonkey).

Hi! it stopped working for me too. I went to http://www.omdbapi.com/ and this message is pinned on top:
Attention Users!

02/04/17 - Error 503/The service is unavailable! I KNOW! I've been working throughout the night trying to track down the bot/script/attack causing this issue, it's not normal activity as someone decided it was a good idea to open over 50+ concurrent connections and spam 300+ million requests an hour. Unfortunately the majority of features available to me to prevent these sorts of attacks are browser security checks (which are currently enabled so you can read this message) this is only temporary as I'm aware it breaks the majority of API implementations. Sorry for the inconvenience and I'll be working nonstop to get this resolved ASAP.

this might be the cause of the problem. maybe we should wait it out and see what happens.

babaracus
3121 Ratings

Post by babaracus »

it's working again.

edit: now it's not. it seems to be coming and going.

90sCoffee
2242 Ratings

Post by 90sCoffee »

Is this working again? I think the API is public again

https://www.omdbapi.com/