Rating and description is out of balance, I think

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
Asteroth
88 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Rating and description is out of balance, I think

Post by Asteroth »

Hello

Is it only me, or...

I fear to rate a movie 50 which I assumed it would be average, then I saw 70 described as "terrible", which is a 30 for me. An 80 appears as "not hot" and it sounds wrong to me, and 85 appears as "good" which is way better than "not hot" but only 5 points of difference.

This is how I immagine the ratings:
100: Legendary
86-99: Awesome
71-85: Great
56-70: Good
46-55: Average
31-45: Bad
16-30: Terrible
0-15: Degradating

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Rating and description is out of balance, I think

Post by mpowell »

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

This is a common suggestion. Criticker users are free to use whatever scale they wish to rank films -- some people use just 1-5, or 1-10, while others use the full 0-100. Our automatic "splitting" is a best-guess, but obviously won't work for everyone.

But we do allow you to fine-tune your ranking scale, with a utility on the User Profile page. Just look for "Manually control the colors & quips applied to your rankings with this tool". You can define your ranking scale exactly how you've done in this post, if you'd like.

Hope this helps!

SinnerMa
782 Ratings

Post by SinnerMa »

I'd agree with the OP, literally just before seeing this I was forced to raise a rating I was adding on a recently viewed movie from 35 to 50 as "Terrible" was too harsh being that the movie had some good points tho very much let down by inaccuracies of fact and a ridiculous final third.

I feel that "terrible" should be 30 or below, "50" is "passable" in my book.

In short I felt I was forced to rate the movie too high in numbers as the text description was to damning below 50.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Asteroth wrote:0-15: Degradating

I don't think that's even a word :?