Auto-deletion of rarely seen films?

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
TonyS.
4995 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Auto-deletion of rarely seen films?

Post by TonyS. »

Are films automatically deleted from the database if too few people (nobody) rank(s) them?

I seem to recall films vanishing from the site and having to add them back.

Do you notify the site member who added such entries if this "pruning" procedure is effectively applied?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Auto-deletion of rarely seen films?

Post by mpowell »

We don't get rid of films, in this way. I'd be pretty alarmed if films were disappearing... do you have a specific example of this happening?

TonyS.
4995 Ratings

Post by TonyS. »

I remember the following films being part of the database, then disappearing and having to submit them again:

Japan Organized Crime Boss
Sexy Line
Vendetta of a Samurai

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for that extra information... we'll stay vigilant for this happening again.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

mpowell wrote:Thanks for that extra information... we'll stay vigilant for this happening again.

@mpowell:
could you check your logs whether these 3 films have indeed been submitted AND accepted to the database twice (This would suggest, that the films really have been deleted after the first and prior to the second submission) ...

... OR submitted twice, but accepted only once.
(This would suggest, that the films were not deleted from your database, but the first submission simply was not successful.)