Return To: Board Index | General Questions

This site should be the #1 place to look for movie reviews and recommendations

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
Moldak
542 Rankings
Your TCI: na

This site should be the #1 place to look for movie reviews and recommendations

Postby Moldak » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:31 pm

You guys should hire some growth hacker or whatever and make the site all shiny and modern, pretty sure there is a lot of money in the data you already have, and it wouldn't hurt to become more "mainstream". This is the only place where recommendations don't suck. Hell, maybe even just license your recommender engine, I'm sure there's a market for it (free ones suck, trust me I'm a data scientist).
In the mean time have a few beers, it's on me.

undinum
5758 Rankings

Re: This site should be the #1 place to look for movie reviews and recommendations

Postby undinum » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:14 pm

please for the love of god no

PrestoBix
765 Rankings

Re: This site should be the #1 place to look for movie reviews and recommendations

Postby PrestoBix » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:36 pm

undinum wrote:please for the love of god no

Worst case the forums gets ruined. I can't see more people ruining the rest of criticker. Maybe I'm wrong though. This place definitely could use some sort of extra revenue, it's a site that I feel could go down anytime. I think that's mainly why there's the 'export your ratings' feature.

90sCoffee
1127 Rankings

Postby 90sCoffee » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:34 pm

The interface is mostly fine I just don't think enough people know it exists compared to other ones. As for more people ruining it, I disagree, the more people there are the better your PSI's get, the more people are ranking films, etc.

Return to “General Questions”