no more recommendations

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
mpowell
1200 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: no more recommendations

Post by mpowell »

This doesn't seem right. We have plenty of users with more rankings than that.

I'll have to take a look into your account. I'll do that soon, and update here with what I find.

mpowell
1200 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, I think we found the underlying problem, which was related to changes we made for the percentiles. You should now be getting recommendations again, but please let me know if they're not appearing!

mpowell
1200 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

There shouldn't be... I mean, it'd be possible to rate (or ignore) every title in our database. But you should be able to surpass 15k rankings, without the site breaking in any noticeable way. This problem you reported was due to a fairly specific bug, and isn't behavior you should expect to happen at some point.

mpowell
1200 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Okay, we'll take another look. Sorry about this!

mpowell
1200 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Don't worry, this is still on our list. It's just that nobody else seems to be having the problem, so although it's high-priority, because it's such a weird thing, there are other issues we have to address first. We'll get to it soon, though!

ssavage
3195 Ratings

Post by ssavage »

I have a similar problem. Horror and animation genres don’t give me any recommendations at all. Sci-fi gives me only five movies. Overall most recommendations I get have a probable score of 80 or above, I’ve seen only a couple of 75s.

This was happening before the percentile system was introduced, so I chalked it up to me overusing those specific genre recommendations; but once the percentile system was introduced and I opted for the transition the recommendations started working again, and I was getting several movies with probable scores of 70 or above; then it reverted to the same problem I was having (no horror and animation recommendations, only a few sci-fi ones and probable scores of 80 or above).

A week ago I even reset all my rankings and re-ranked the movies hoping it would somehow reset the recommendations and generate new ones, but it did not work.

mpowell
1200 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, we've had a chance to look at this. Could you check again?

ssavage
3195 Ratings

Post by ssavage »

Last year I watched several horror recommendations, particularly in October; and it seems new ones aren't being generated. I only get five horror film recommendations (on the 'Create Your Own Recommendation' box): "The Fall of the House of Usher" (PSI: 80); "The Third Part of the Night" (PSI: 80); "Climax" (PSI: 75); "Suspiria" (PSI: 75) and "What Have You Done to Solange?" (PSI: 70).