New game submissions aren't being approved

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
law
1854 Ratings
Your TCI: na

New game submissions aren't being approved

Post by law »

I know new game submissions are rare now that the database is 95% populated but if someone could check in once a week, that would be nice. One title that I've been unable to rate, Anodyne, has been in preview-only mode for at least two weeks now, if not longer.

howabe
410 Ratings

Re: New game submissions aren't being approved

Post by howabe »

Somewhat ironically considering the opening line, I'm bumping this to save creating a new topic.

Any chance we can have a bit of a clear out of the Games queue? According to the submission form it's now 2 months behind on approvals, and there's 8 pages of titles awaiting approval.

BillyShears
5493 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

Everyone needs to know my stance on Sekiro.

Velvet Crowe
2600 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

law wrote:I know new game submissions are rare now that the database is 95% populated but if someone could check in once a week, that would be nice. One title that I've been unable to rate, Anodyne, has been in preview-only mode for at least two weeks now, if not longer.

There's actually A LOT of titles that still aren't in the database. Far less than you seem to think. There's actually a lot of SNK titles and games on Steam it's missing, for example. I literally submitted pretty much the entire KOF series weeks ago which still hasn't gone through. :lol:

cloque
3395 Ratings

Post by cloque »

Waiting for a long time for this game (The Suffering 2004) to be approved. Not my submission, but I want to rate it :D

MTR
34 Ratings

Post by MTR »

Obvious solution would be to import games from some existing bigger database, preferably IGDB. It's not the most complete database out there, but they have policy of sharing their data and their API is commonly praised.

The other solution is to give some game accepting privileges for trusted members of the community, surely there are some people who are here for a long time and would be willing to accept a game or two in the evening for free.