Focus on John Lasseter

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
Mirelurk
1560 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Focus on John Lasseter

Post by Mirelurk »

Um, could we stop focusing on John Lasseter.

I'm not into cancel culture so much but I feel like he's been up there forever and it's just a bit weird to see on the homepage everytime.

Is this just for my front page? There's no option to get rid of it or anything.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Re: Focus on John Lasseter

Post by iconogassed »

Agreed. I thought it was a bizarre choice to say the least, and aside from "all that", he's already very well-known for having made some of the most famous and successful movies of all time. Hardly in need of focus.

I can't imagine the admins (Michael at least!) would do anything like that in provocation, so I will continue to charitably blame ignorance and/or autopilot.

JonSmith
968 Ratings

Post by JonSmith »

Before that, Zoe Saldana was there for weeks. I think the focus should probably last 2 weeks at a maximum. I don't know if that's just me though.

Based on the discussion here, I'm wondering if it's not just on autopilot or some similar thing? It's either that or it was forgotten I guess.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

"Wow, great job on that rendering, Sue! Really, really good stuff. Y'know, uh, they uh told me I couldn't pat you gals on the butt anymore for a job well done...but they didn't say anything about your favorite computer-animated anthropomorphic vehicles doing it! Vrooom!"