Most uncharismatic/forgettable actors

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
cameron326
1094 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Most uncharismatic/forgettable actors

Post by cameron326 »

Not necessarily the overall worst, but who lacks the personality and charisma to fill the screen and make characters stick in the memory after the films over? Two that (very slowly and with great effort) come to mind for me are Anne Hathaway and Ben Affleck.

by Devol
1140 Ratings

Re: Most uncharismatic/forgettable actors

Post by by Devol »

cameron326 wrote:Ben Affleck.

concurred - I always thought he had what I call an "invisibility factor" - pedestrian, nothing distinctive about him, almost a "nondescript-ness", if you will.
Jon Hamm
Adrien Brody - one cadaverous-looking shmuck if I ever saw one. Have NO idea why gals go nuts over him.
Gerard Depardieu - always thought he looked like a total bum.
on TV - the KING of this phenomenon would be the one, the only.......David Caruso
more will come if I stew enough

EDIT: actually Brody is so hideous he would make a WAY better William S Burroughs than Weller did

overrated
5779 Ratings

Post by overrated »

Sam Worthington - I read somewhere online in the last year or so his name was being put forth as a candidate for the next Bond. Really?
Orlando Bloom
Shia Labeouf
Jennifer Aniston
Sandra Bullock
Megan Fox

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Jason Statham
Rob Schneider
George Clooney
Luke Wilson
Adrien Brody
Sam Worthington
Christian Bale - anytime he is in a lead role like in an action film like Batman and Terminator films his lack of charisma basically wrecks entire films IMO; suffers from the same expressionless monotone problem as Jason Statham, and plays the same mezzo-forte arrogant man of few words every time no matter what the context. But when he is in dramatic roles like the Fighter, American Psycho, the Machinist, and others I think he's really good.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Who's Megan Fox......or Sam Worthington?

Most uncharismatic, Owen Wilson. He was well cast in Midnight in Paris though. Too bad that's not his only film, I might be able to forget him then as well. Actress, Sigourney Weaver, and Meryl Streep--not saying they're ugly, at all, just not my type.
Last edited by Stewball on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

nauru wrote:Jason Statham
Rob Schneider
George Clooney
Luke Wilson
Adrien Brody
Sam Worthington
Christian Bale - anytime he is in a lead role like in an action film like Batman and Terminator films his lack of charisma basically wrecks entire films IMO; suffers from the same expressionless monotone problem as Jason Statham, and plays the same mezzo-forte arrogant man of few words every time no matter what the context. But when he is in dramatic roles like the Fighter, American Psycho, the Machinist, and others I think he's really good.

Heh, is this list a joke? Serious question. Aside from Bale and Statham, who are among the most memorable, magnetic actors I've seen, the only name that makes any sense is Sam Worthington. I don't even enjoy Clooney in a lot of his roles, but to call him uncharismatic or forgettable?! Are you just screwing with us?

And while Rob Schneider is a horrible, piece-of-shit actor, he does have some charisma, and he's certainly not forgettable.

Devol wrote:Jon Hamm

I'm curious; have you ever watched "Mad Men" or even "The Town"?

It's a little unusual to call someone who has played one of the most iconic characters in TV/film history "forgettable".

Okkervil
3631 Ratings

Post by Okkervil »

shebang wrote:Sam Worthington - I read somewhere online in the last year or so his name was being put forth as a candidate for the next Bond. Really?
Orlando Bloom
Shia Labeouf
Jennifer Aniston
Sandra Bullock
Megan Fox

This is a fine list of blandness

by Devol
1140 Ratings

Post by by Devol »

ShogunRua wrote:
Devol wrote:Jon Hamm

I'm curious; have you ever watched "Mad Men" or even "The Town"?
It's a little unusual to call someone who has played one of the most iconic characters in TV/film history "forgettable".

I saw The Town and thought he was completely forgettable in that, and the few episodes of Mad Men I tried to give a chance only confirmed for me the total and complete blah-ness of Jon Hamm. Iconic to some, perhaps, but surer than shit not to me.
He also went three swings three misses when I saw him in 30 Rock and Children's Hospital.

shebang wrote:Jennifer Aniston
Sandra Bullock

yip-perzzz, especially the equine charisma of "never mind" Bollocks

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

by Devol wrote: the few episodes of Mad Men I tried to give a chance only confirmed for me the total and complete blah-ness of Jon Hamm.

hahahahahahahahaha

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

Jon Hamm Really? He is pretty magnetic as a devil may straight man on Mad Men, but even if that's not your thing, he also does comedy really well. He was hilarious in Bridesmaids (his blooper stuff was funnier that a lot of things I saw in 2011) and he had a great turn in 30 Rock playing a total dolt who got everything he had due to his looks.