The Bourne Franchise

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Bourne Franchise

Post by Stewball »

So it's announced that an untitled Bourne movie (titled The Bourne Betrayal???) starring Jeremy Renner and directed by Fast & Furious dir., Justin Lin, will be released 15 July, 2016. The electrons in the virtual ink of that announcement had barely dried before Matt Damon and (life partner???) Dir. Paul Greengrass let it be known that they now wanted to do another Bourne film. As it stands right now, we don't know shit. The IMDb page for The Bourne Betrayal has Renner cast, and Damon "rumored" and no director listed. If Damon is being as petulant as it appears, I'm hoping Aaron kicks Jason's ass.

GreenyPillar
0 Ratings

Re: The Bourne Franchise

Post by GreenyPillar »

I`ve seen the first three movies of the franchise and liked them but it was several years ago. Now I am 21 and if I watch those three chapters of the so well-known story again...may be I will change my opinion. But still, there us surely no reason to scold films 1, 2 and 3 for they are really good action movies with a lot of chasing and shooting

My website is http://bestworldfilms.com, you are welcome there

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

GreenyPillar wrote:I`ve seen the first three movies of the franchise and liked them but it was several years ago. Now I am 21 and if I watch those three chapters of the so well-known story again...may be I will change my opinion. But still, there us surely no reason to scold films 1, 2 and 3 for they are really good action movies with a lot of chasing and shooting

Where, forsooth, have I scolded 1, 2 and 3? My only complaint is that the progenitors abandoned their progeny only to grouse about #4 when it upped the ante and displayed a vivacity they apparently envied. I'm a fan of all four. Their petulance is beyond the pale.

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

Because of my unending love and loyalty to the first three, I didn't watch the Damonless fourth. For me the 2016 Jason Bourne is the fourth film and I'll never see that thing with Hawkeye.

Jason Bourne is a peculiar protagonist who is very strong and damaged at the same time. I also love Julia Stiles. She is the proof that an actress can be stiff an still be lovable and relatable... a lesson Brie Larson should've learned before being Carol Danvers.

They say if you want a person to trust you, make them help you. So if you want people to like and relate to you, show that you're vulnerable.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

coffee wrote:Because of my unending love and loyalty to the first three, I didn't watch the Damonless fourth. For me the 2016 Jason Bourne is the fourth film and I'll never see that thing with Hawkeye.

Jason Bourne is a peculiar protagonist who is very strong and damaged at the same time. I also love Julia Stiles. She is the proof that an actress can be stiff an still be lovable and relatable... a lesson Brie Larson should've learned before being Carol Danvers.

They say if you want a person to trust you, make them help you. So if you want people to like and relate to you, show that you're vulnerable.

Well, since you're bound and determined to hate it without even seeing it... At least I watched the bitter #5 and thereby have some credibility when I say it sucked. The reference to Hawkeye is a cheap shot which only serves to emphasize your close-mindedness. In any case, I'll leave you to your stew.

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

Stewball wrote:Well, since you're bound and determined to hate it without even seeing it... At least I watched the bitter #5 and thereby have some credibility when I say it sucked. The reference to Hawkeye is a cheap shot which only serves to emphasize your close-mindedness. In any case, I'll leave you to your stew.

I never said that I hated it. I just said I didn't and wouldn't watch it because I love the first three very much. I learned English when I was 20 but I can see the difference. Can't you?

I don't want to watch a Bourne film without Matt Damon. Does that make me a close-minded person? Maybe the term has a wider meaning than I could understand.

Nevertheless, you're dear to leave me to be...
Thanks.

Also calling that guy Hawkeye was not a shot at all. I couldn't remember his name just like now, I don't remember... Hawkeye was a character he played on the mark. I couldn't have called him "The terrible punk from House Md". Nobody remembers that...

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

I agree that "close-minded" isn't quite the right way to describe someone who pledges "unending love and loyalty" to a blockbuster movie franchise. But it's probably the kindest.

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

medium pizza wrote:I agree that "close-minded" isn't quite the right way to describe someone who pledges "unending love and loyalty" to a blockbuster movie franchise. But it's probably the kindest.

Hello Sancho. I'd like to thank you for being a wonderful human.
Your condescendence is much appreciated.

Can we please move on to a more film related conversation?
You might've been having fun but everyone else (all five of them) are bored to death.

Move on...