Panned in Pyongyang

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Panned in Pyongyang

Post by Stewball »

I hate to be on the same side of an issue as Kim Jong Un, or whoever, but at least it's for a different reason. In what may be the first recorded case of political correctness being dictated by N. Korea going global, The Interview is currently being withdrawn from distribution by Sony due to fear of terrorist retaliation in theaters--theaters which were bailing in droves. I agreed with the decision but only because it looked like an R rated film that had a mentality targeted at 5 year-olds. OK, second-graders.

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Re: Panned in Pyongyang

Post by Anomaly »

This entire thing, from the hacks to this, is so beyond weird I can't make my brain understand it. All I can do is just laugh, there is no other possible reaction that makes sense. It is the funniest news story of the year.

Now, how long until this gets turned into a movie?

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

I find it kinda shitty that people are ok with a dictator dictating what movies we're allowed to see.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

This whole e-mail leak has at least exposed what hypocritical, vicious, scum-sucking pieces of shit the media are, despite their sanctimony act;

http://betabeat.com/2014/12/no-gray-are ... sony-hack/

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

Sony is now allowing theaters that want to show the movie to do so.

Things are looking up for The Interview 2: Beheading Putin

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Anomaly1 wrote:Sony is now allowing theaters that want to show the movie to do so.

Things are looking up for The Interview 2: Beheading Putin

Then there's the likely Interview 3, but I'd probably have the SS on my ass for mentioning it.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Given that the preview for THE Interview looks stupid, which is only matched by the stupidity of N. Korea and Sony, the one upside to this whole tawdry affair is that it's release via video streaming might draw some unintended tangential accidental interest in Interview, an excellent under the radar Indy dramedy from back in 2007 with Steve Buscemi and the much maligned Sienna Miller (who is in American Sniper as well as 7 more upcoming flicks--go figger). But for God's sake don't take my word for it, watch it. :roll:

Kublai Khan
3456 Ratings

Post by Kublai Khan »

Well, it's on Netflix now, so I watched it.

Man, Franco really tries to play the likeable douchebag, but failed on the "likeable" part. So did the guy who played Kim Jong-Un. So for long stretches you're just left sitting though unfunny, annoying interactions between horrible characters.

Seth Rogen is pretty funny, and there is high production value to the action scenes. But neither of those is enough to salvage this.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Kublai Khan wrote:Well, it's on Netflix now, so I watched it.

Man, Franco really tries to play the likeable douchebag, but failed on the "likeable" part. So did the guy who played Kim Jong-Un. So for long stretches you're just left sitting though unfunny, annoying interactions between horrible characters.

Seth Rogen is pretty funny, and there is high production value to the action scenes. But neither of those is enough to salvage this.

Yeah, the only good part was the ending.

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

Did anyone really expect anything different?