2 Upcoming Political Offerings

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

2 Upcoming Political Offerings

Post by Stewball »

I'm going to go out on a (very hefty) limb and predict that two upcoming politically oriented movies, The Big Short and 13 Hours, aren't going to give more than 10 seconds of lip service to the actual causes behind the crises they're depicting. But nobody hopes I'm wrong more than me, and if so, I'll be coming here to cover it live and in living color. If nothing else, though, 13 Hours will indirectly bring Hillary's involvement back to the surface, and with superb electoral timing. I notice neither she nor Obama have anyone playing them in the credits--but of course that would fit with Obama since no one was able to find him for the most critical 8 of those 13 hours.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Re: 2 Upcoming Political Offerings

Post by Pickpocket »

Since 13 Hours is directed by Bay and coming out in January I have to assume it's going to be pretty terrible. I could be wrong because Pain & Gain was a January movie as well and was pretty decent. I'm starting to think the only thing that will take down Hillary is if it comes out that she molested a black infant from a single mother or something. Apparently mass corruption, being linked to the murders of 50+ people, and being caught in countless lies trumps "but I have a vagina." It's been interesting to see how the media has covered her and how you've seen people's reasoning for supporting Hillary as "I couldn't live with myself if I didn't vote for a woman." And yet when Palin was on the ticket a few years ago, this same sentiment was nowhere to be found.

As for The Big Short, I expect them to just go the "greed is bad" route. Which, after reading the book, is an inaccurate portrayal of what actually happened.

TheSean
1220 Ratings

Post by TheSean »

I read the Big Short. I can't see how it would make a good movie. Will give it a go though.

Very interested to see 13 Hours. No matter how much eye-rolling the left does... This is/was a scandal. Hillary Clinton did disgrace herself.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Pickpocket wrote:Since 13 Hours is directed by Bay and coming out in January I have to assume it's going to be pretty terrible. I could be wrong because Pain & Gain was a January movie as well and was pretty decent. I'm starting to think the only thing that will take down Hillary is if it comes out that she molested a black infant from a single mother or something. Apparently mass corruption, being linked to the murders of 50+ people, and being caught in countless lies trumps "but I have a vagina." It's been interesting to see how the media has covered her and how you've seen people's reasoning for supporting Hillary as "I couldn't live with myself if I didn't vote for a woman." And yet when Palin was on the ticket a few years ago, this same sentiment was nowhere to be found.

But I Trump is gaining popularity with women and Hillary is loosing, except of course for Democrat women for whom a shallow, vapid, corrupt personality is a mandatory requirement--unless they're Muslim which waves those requirements. What you wanna bet 95% of those San Berdoo victims were Democrat useful idiots.

As for The Big Short, I expect them to just go the "greed is bad" route. Which, after reading the book, is an inaccurate portrayal of what actually happened.

Well yeah, greed, but then they'll probably ignore the power mongering that forced the bankers to do with they did. But it was all for "affordable housing" so that makes it the compassionate thing to do.

TheSean wrote:I read the Big Short. I can't see how it would make a good movie. Will give it a go though.

Very interested to see 13 Hours. No matter how much eye-rolling the left does... This is/was a scandal. Hillary Clinton did disgrace herself.

Of course, for Obama as well, WhereTF was he? But will it get into any of that? If not, it'll effectively be cover for the left. And how did this movie get into the hands of the director of the Transformers???

Just sayin'. But yeah, I'll be there too.

TheSean
1220 Ratings

Post by TheSean »

O' I'd BET it won't touch on or even allude to Clinton/Obama's involvement. It'll be interesting to see how they skirt around the issue.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

I make it a point to boycott as many SJW actors, actresses, directors, studios, and SJW-supporting companies as I can. If a wingnut liberal is making a film, I won't see it in theaters or buy the DVD. Hell, I won't pay a dime for ANY film they ever make. I won't pay a cent for any film Jennifer Lawrence takes part in. Or Seth Rogen. Or Jim Carey. Or George Clooney. Or anything associated with Joss Whedon. I could go on and on.

I wish it didn't have to be this way, but it's the social justice warriors who have taken it to this extreme "destroy the opponent" level. I'm simply playing the game by the rules they set.

I encourage Stewball or anyone else who feels similarly to do the same. It's amazingly easy to do nowadays, too. Especially if you're willing to pirate movies. (Which I don't even have to resort to nowadays)

Daigoro
531 Ratings

Post by Daigoro »

Allying with the SJWs didn't save Joss Whedon from them turning on him and harassing him on twitter.

TheSean
1220 Ratings

Post by TheSean »

I can't do boycotts. I think Tarantino is a moron but I enjoy most of his movies and will definitely be seeing his latest.

Some of the stuff Jennifer Lawrence has come out with lately has pissed me off. But if she pops up in the next PT Anderson film... I won't hesitate to see it.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

ShogunRua wrote: I won't pay a cent for any film Jennifer Lawrence takes part in. Or Seth Rogen. Or Jim Carey. Or George Clooney. Or anything associated with Joss Whedon. I could go on and on.

Besides Clooney, you're not missing much. I had to look up Rogen and all I found was his comments on American Sniper (really edgy stuff btw). I like how in the article I read they paired him with Michael Moore. I can't think of a better pairing honestly. Both are extremely obese and they have the balls to judge our troops? :lol: Are these guys really that stupid? I mean they are literally the physical embodiment of sloth and gluttony and they want to get on their high horses to judge these guys who do stuff they could never do if they had several lifetimes to do it? rofl

Daigoro wrote:Allying with the SJWs didn't save Joss Whedon from them turning on him and harassing him on twitter.

They always turn on each other, it's hilarious

TheSean wrote:I can't do boycotts. I think Tarantino is a moron but I enjoy most of his movies and will definitely be seeing his latest.

I feel the same way but I'm living that piracy life so I'm not giving them any money. I really don't get Tarantino's white guilt for slavery though.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

There's a very few I clamp on a blanket boycott for (Michael Moore being at the top of that list), because so often, things are just complicated or unknown as with the two subject films here. And I think there are more actual conservatives/libertarians underground in Hollywood than we realize, since they keep up a lib front. Yeah, it's easy to call 'em cowardly hypocrites, but if they manage to get the Truth out sometimes, I just sit and watch. The best example I can think of is a songwriter, but Don Henley, who lib rep and all, puts out some killer conservative songs. And some are going to laugh at this, but I just can't believe that Jodie Foster was as dumb as she tried to make us believe after making The Brave One. Her lib friends weren't fooled either, making her do penance by making movies like Elysium, and having her come out of the closet, whether she's a lesbian or not.

And another aspect of this was made clear to me by one of the more famous lapsed liberals, David Mamet. As he says in his book, The Secret Knowledge, unlike actors, directors tend to be more conservative, primarily because they're forced to deal with the fiscal and rational realities of making movies. I think directors are the more common examples of underground conservatives than actors, most of whom have never had to actually sit down and think rather than emote. And when I say conservative, I mean politically and economically conservative, while being spiritually agnostic--among whose numbers I count myself, albeit in even more rarefied numbers out here in flyover country.