"Assassin's Creed"

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

"Assassin's Creed"

Post by Stewball »

What a total waste of a superb cast and production budget on a story that was all but incomprehensible, and rewrote history in the parts I was familiar with it. After reviewing some articles in Wiki, it turns out that the fictional group of assassins is allied with some Muslims in Spain (who possessed the original Apple of Eden), against the alliance between the inquisition and the Knight's Templar, which had been disbanded by the Pope to appease the King of France who was burning them at the stake.

Now about the Apple, which was being sought by an evil corporation (governments, as usual, not being players). It was supposed to have a genetic code which would negate our free will and thus stop human violence. Never mind that the animal kingdom is still no slacker when it comes to violence, and all without free will. Free will, after all, only allows us to determine which violence is immoral.

Given the cast, I probably still would have come to see it, but at least I could have done my research before instead of after. If, as is highly possible, I've gotten any of the key points wrong, please feel free to set me straight--like I gotta ask.
2/10 (2nd one in two days.)

Velvet Crowe
2626 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: "Assassin's Creed"

Post by Velvet Crowe »

Assassin's Creed is a pretty moronic series to begin with. I mean, this is a game series which has a seen where the pope obtains godlike powers but throws it away because some middle aged man insulted him by essentially calling him a "wimpy manchild." I wouldn't expect any sort of quality out of a film adaption.