Man Down

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
kgbelliveau
1570 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Man Down

Post by kgbelliveau »

Shia Labeouf stars in this fantastic film about a US Marine who a long with his best friend and a one survivor tries to survive a post apocalyptic wasteland to try and find his wife and son.

Definitely gripping and full of characterzation for Labeoufs Gabriel Drummer Man Down is as intense as films can come. It really surprised me with where the film went in terms of subject matter. Has anyone else seen this film?

td888
3955 Ratings

Re: Man Down

Post by td888 »

Ummm, it was shown in 1 cinema in the uk. With a total of 3 visitors...

I am not sure what to make of this.

The actor's Man Down, a drama about a U.S. Marine returning home from war, had a limited release in U.S. theaters in December that ultimately made less than half a million dollars domestically after opening to mostly poor reviews. But that domestic total practically qualifies as blockbuster status compared to how the film was received on the other side of the pond.

The movie, which also stars Kate Mara and Jai Courtney, opened an extremely limited run in just one U.K. theater by selling just a single ticket in its debut, according to several reports. The Hollywood Reporter added on Wednesday that the film eventually improved on that total by selling another pair of tickets at that same theater in the U.K. town of Burnley, bringing Man Down's total box office grosses in the country to-date to just three ticket sales. Considering that the local theater's owner told The Hollywood Reporter that she doesn't expect to sell any more tickets for the film, Man Down could end its theatrical run in the country this week with only about $26 in sales

kgbelliveau
1570 Ratings

Post by kgbelliveau »

I dont hate on films merely because of poor reviews and bad box office. This was one of the ones that in my opinion simply does not deserve all the hate. Perhaps yes it was at times a little jumpy but it was not unbearable or terrible.

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

I agree with your arguments, but an extreme bad box office is an indicator. I am not a big fan of Labeouf, I think he's overrated, but that's just me. Anyway, the current PSI places this movie in my bottom tier, so I don't think I'll watch it anytime soon. Good for you that you liked it, out of curiousity what was your PSI?

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

I saw it and put it in my tier 3 without comment.