Twin Peaks Season 3

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
VinegarBob
4158 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Twin Peaks Season 3

Post by VinegarBob »

I was a big fan of the first incarnation of Twin Peaks and am a huge Lynch fan in general. I thought Fire:Walk With Me was absolutely fantastic where others hated it, and I even really like Dune. However, I'm so very close to calling utter bullshit on this new season of Twin Peaks. I'm six episodes in, and while there has been a few interesting scenes here and there the vast majority of each episode is full of vapid nonsense. Scenes of no apparent import are dragged out interminably for no discernible reason other than to pad the running time, and more and more of each episode is being devoted to Dougie-Dale's bewildered bumblings, which got really old after about 20 minutes and has become intensely annoying. The rest has largely been an unfocused mess of random, badly executed ideas that don't seem to be going anywhere.

Maybe the characters will gradually come alive at some point and the show as a whole will eventually sort itself into something more cohesive and interesting (in my opinion they need to get the real Cooper back online and working properly for everything to snap back into focus), but right now it's really trying my patience.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

woo penderecki

i know i'm an entitled cunt, but an experimental only edit of the series would be better for me. i'm not interested in the drama and character development (and the music numbers like animated corpses of the zeitgeist throwback fusion).
just a ~4 hour cut of weird intoxicant following the initial 2 eps.

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

paulofilmo wrote:...an experimental only edit of the series would be better for me...

Well, I think with episode 8 you may have got your wish. Now that's what I call avant fucking garde. Great stuff. And such a welcome relief from all the Dougie-can't-remember-anything schtick.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

yeah- i wrote that after seeing 8. penderecki is the music used in the bomb bits.

i was worried the show was just going to be wank. i was starting to not really look forward to new episodes. but, no. i am smitten.

snallygaster
1646 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

Watching this season has definitely been a nice reminder of the inevitable toll the passage of time takes on us all.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

I got so far behind on episodes but finally just caught up

Episode 8 has got to be my favorite thus far. Great experimental goodness.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Episodes 12-18