Colossal

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Xenophule
355 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Colossal

Post by Xenophule »

Watch: Worth seeing in theater because: big screen, big booms
But it'll be just as good on Netflix

Good movie!
Unique concept (girl in NY is magically controlling a monster in South Korea), well executed, and good ending.

They set a few things up that they never followed through with again (like: she felt when missiles hit her Monster side, but only in the one scene), and a couple other niggly things, but despite those I really enjoyed it.

90sCoffee
2242 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Colossal

Post by 90sCoffee »

I enjoyed this one but I noticed most of the reviews as well as my close TCIs for it were unkind so I'm really wondering what other movies have I dismissed that are badly reviewed but I would enjoy.

I'm not saying I thought it was a masterpiece, close to a B or B+ type and it definitely had its share of flaws but I had no problems with enjoying it as a whole rather than finding the flaws to be as distracting as some critic reviews indicate. It's a mixed film for me, for all those flaws, there were a tonne of good little things going on as well and I know more movies like that exist.