Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
kgbelliveau
1570 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri

Post by kgbelliveau »

Immediately engaging thanks to the terrific cast lead by McDormand and Harrelson. Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri is one of the most complete film packages of 2017. Shocking, darkly comedic and filled with twists this film has to be a contender for best picture. McDormand commands the screen in a way that makes moments of the film hard to accept and Harrelson offsets her to help solidify a tour de force performance. As it progresses it becomes unpredictable and tells a brilliant story.

PrestoBix
2379 Ratings

Re: Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri

Post by PrestoBix »

My favorite film of the year so far. The dialogue is wonderful, and each time they make use of the opera music I was feeling the sheer joy of cinema. Also, McDonagh is growing as a filmmaker. I wouldn't say this was his best script, but visually, it was his best film yet.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Not out in the UK till 12th Jan :cry:

kgbelliveau
1570 Ratings

Post by kgbelliveau »

Maaxwell wrote:Not out in the UK till 12th Jan :cry:

Worth the wait! You will love it. Definitely making my annual list of the years best films

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

kgbelliveau wrote:

Worth the wait! You will love it. Definitely making my annual list of the years best films

I adore Martin McDonagh so this has been my most hotly anticipated film for ages :)

schnofel
6492 Ratings

Post by schnofel »

I kinda really like the film myself, but Walter Chaw's 1/2 * review is worth considering:

http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/201 ... souri.html

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

I loved it. McDonagh is one of my favorite writers/directors, his brother is pretty good too

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Maaxwell wrote:
kgbelliveau wrote:

I adore Martin McDonagh so this has been my most hotly anticipated film for ages :)

I note you've recently seen it but rated it relatively lowly. I'd welcome hearing how it fell short of your expectations. I haven't seen it myself but while I love In Bruges and The Guard, Seven Psychopaths left me underwhelmed so I'm reserved in my anticipation for this one.

karan04
763 Ratings

Post by karan04 »

Thought this movie was very well made, definitely in my top 5 of the year. This reminds me of a post-2008 Coen Brothers movie, but executed better. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the humor in this movie, I definitely wasn't expecting it to be as funny as it was. Also kind of surprised Woody Harrelson got nominated for Best Supporting Actor for this, Sam Rockwell, however, deserves the nod.