Return To: Board Index | Movie-Specific

An HP fan theory. Does it make sense?

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
theelderwand
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

An HP fan theory. Does it make sense?

Postby theelderwand » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am

A foreign friend and I are big fans of Harry Potter. We actually met at a certain fancon and from then on, we became good friends regardless of our distance. We keep talking about our what-ifs of the book and the movie and we actually came up with a theory that Harry Potter is now immortal. Originally, the prophecy said that the only one who can kill Harry is Voldemort and the only one who can kill the latter is the former. However, now that Voldemort is gone, is there a reason for Harry to die according to the prophecy? Does the theory make sense or it is just probably our imaginations going wild?

coffee
2190 Ratings

Re: An HP fan theory. Does it make sense?

Postby coffee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:39 pm

I don't know if this is the right board for this topic but anyway...

The prophecies in HP world are not certain. They are not fate. Dumbledore says that in the 6th book.

So a prophecy may become completely true or never even happen.

amazedemon
1957 Ratings

Re: An HP fan theory. Does it make sense?

Postby amazedemon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:16 pm

There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Terminator logic aside, at the end of the books Harry is (technically) in possession of all 3 Deathly Hallows, thus making him the master of death.

The prophecy is as follows:
...And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ...

Either must die...once Voldemort is dead, the prophecy can be considered fulfilled.

Personally, I like the idea of Harry slowly discovering he's immortal or being corrupted by the Deathly Hallows as he grows older. It makes for a more compelling story than whatever The Cursed Child was.

Return to “Movie-Specific”