Dream Combinations

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Re: Dream Combinations

Post by MmzHrrdb »

sixx wrote:"The younger brother (Christian Bale) of a U.S. Marshal seeks revenge on an unknown man (Javier Bardem) who has massacred his brother and family under the orders of a corrupt politician (Daniel Day-Lewis) in post Civil War era southern Montana."

I heard this pitched the other day and thought it sounded pretty much like a dream combination. But I could be a little biased since I was born in MT.

That sounds amazing, especially with that cast. And I for the most part dislike westerns, but I would pay to go see this film.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

I remember this thread being one of the very first posts I ever made in the criticker forums, back when I was young and green and knew nothing about film and thought that just because I had heard of Studio Ghibli before my other friends, it made me some sort of expert Film buff. :oops: It''s kind of embarrassing looking at back at my old posts. But I wanted to revive this thread for one reason:

You know what my ultimate fantasy film would be? A big-budget feature-length Musical adaptation of Janelle Monae's Metropolis series, directed by Ava DuVernay, and obviously starring Monae in the lead role. I've been a fan of Monae since her ArchAndroid album in 2011, and have always thought it would make a great film, but now that Monae's become a big-name award-winning actor in her own right, it would probably be a lot easier to convince producers to finance such a film. In fact, Monae has been open from the beginning about wanting to eventually adapt her albums into a film, and a large part of me suspects that the only reason why she got into acting in the first place, was so that she could one day make a Metropolis film a reality. A dystopic, funktacular afro-futurist reality.

Anyways for an example what the film would probably look like check out her music video for "Many Moons":

(Only in SD, sorry)

90sCoffee
2242 Ratings

Post by 90sCoffee »

10 years ago, I would have liked to have seen a Bill Murray/Rowan Atkinson cross-over where they're the protagonists, one's a sarcastic American detective or reporter or whatever and the other is a mute British one (like Mr. Bean but less alien-ish). They then have to foil the plans of an evil John Cleese and an evil...Steve Buscemi?

But the film would not be a crime caper, it would be a black comedy with directed by the Coen brothers and written by maybe Ernst Lubitsch.

Either that or Seinfeld vs It's Always Sunny In Philly

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

In 2013, there was talk of a movie by the director of I am Love, the writer of Cosmopolis, and with Denis Lavant/Isabelle Huppert/David Cronenberg in the cast.

fuck knows what happened to it. would be nice if cronenberg helms. (maybe he lost too much on Cos)

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

A biographical film of David Mancuso starring Vincent Gallo, on which he collaborates with director Vincent Gallo, writer Vincent Gallo, cinematographer Vincent Gallo, editor Vincent Gallo, and composers James Murphy and Vincent Gallo