Ingmar Bergman

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
djross
5318 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Ingmar Bergman

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omgfridge
2796 Ratings

Post by omgfridge »

Wow, I've been called out here. Definitely dropped the ball, I've had Fanny and Alexander sitting on my shelf for quite some time too... Alright I'll watch it soon.

Neonman
2873 Ratings

Post by Neonman »

OMGFridge wrote:Wow, I've been called out here. Definitely dropped the ball, I've had Fanny and Alexander sitting on my shelf for quite some time too... Alright I'll watch it soon.

TV version? I'd recommend going for his most depressing films now, check out Cries and Whispers, Brink of Life, Through a Glass Darkly, and Skammen

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

I've had Fanny & Alexander for about a month now. Just can't motivate myself to watch it, so sad

Mentaculus
3438 Ratings

Post by Mentaculus »

OMGFridge wrote:Wow, I've been called out here. Definitely dropped the ball, I've had Fanny and Alexander sitting on my shelf for quite some time too... Alright I'll watch it soon.

That easily happens - same thing happened to me (and I still haven't rated it on this site :? ).

I wouldn't recommend watching his depressing films first - that may turn someone off pretty quickly. You've seen Wild Strawberries and Seventh Seal... so... IMO Summer Interlude and The Magician should go before Virgin Spring, Persona ,The Silence and Cries and Whispers. All are equally masterpieces. But I prefer to see what makes a person happy before they tactfully rip out your heart and put it through a meat grinder.