Ed Norton

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Ed Norton

Post by Stewball »

Dabbler wrote:Makes perfect sense to me. I mean how can I argue with someone who has Kid Shelleen aka Lee Marvin in their avatar. ;)

Not Kid Shelleen from Cat Ballou, (though Marvin would probably have liked to put the noose around Jane Fonda's neck even though it was before her infamous trip to Vietnam). I wanted to use A#1 from Emperor of the North but couldn't find one as confrontationally nonchalant as this one of Liberty Valance that I'm using.

You're right about Cooper I imagine. But still, not sure that the body of work is there to support it. And I have to deduct a couple points just because he appeared in Hangover. As far as Jackson, I'd put him more in the old guard, and he does too many Tarantino pieces AND he's a shill for Capital One. Regarding male African American leads, I've always preferred Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington because of the sensitivity they can bring to a role. I just don't detect the yin to Jackson's testosterone fueled yang I suppose.

Well, if you're going to talk body of work, The Rock and Diesel probably shouldn't even be mentioned, especially the former. Yeah, Freeman is up there somewhere in the stratosphere with Jackson. Not too many people could pull off playing the bass ass pimp in Street Smart and Miss Daisy's chauffeur with the credibility he did. And though I like Washington, I'm still seeing pretty much the same characters and mannerisms I saw in A Soldier's Story and Glory.

Dabbler
75 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Ed Norton

Post by Dabbler »

No you notice I only mentioned the Rock and Diesel for their beefcake roles not as actors I respect for their abilities. Although I will have to say that they are both superior to their fore-runners Stallone and Schwartzeneger as actors IMO.