Perfect "10" filmmmakers?

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
KirkJiggler
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Perfect "10" filmmmakers?

Post by KirkJiggler »

There are no perfect 10 directors according to the score, but there are a couple writers on there. One of them is Jonathan Nolan and the other one is Bob Peterson.

mattorama12
3086 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

mattorama12 wrote:
mattorama12 wrote:I couldn't imagine ever having a perfect 10 director. If I'd seen 3 (or more) movies from a director that were all T10s, I would keep seeking out his or her films until I found something that was less so. My highest rated directors are Bryan Singer and Lee Unkrich, both at 9.75 with 3/4 films being T10. (X-Men, X2, and The Usual Suspects for Singer; Monsters, Inc., Toy Story 3, and Finding Nemo for Unkrich.

Other directors have more T10 films, but a lower overall average. 6/10 for Tarantino and 6/12 for Kubrick.

With actors, I have two perfect 10s: David Prowse and Peter Mayhew of Star Wars fame. John Cazale (9.75) is close, but Dog Day Afternoon is but a lowly T9 for me.

Having just seen the excellent Harakiri, I can now add a screenwriter to the list. Shinobu Hashimoto wrote Roshomon, Seven Samurai, and Harakiri. While I don't think of Seven Samurai's script when I think about the film, it's certainly one of the strongest things about both Roshomon and Harakiri. A few other Hashimoto penned scripts are making their way up my queue right now, so I hope they'll be T10s as well.

After seeing some more movies and adjusting some scores, my list has changed. Still no perfect 10 directors. Rian Johnson and Jose Padilha are the two highest rated directors, both at 9.67 with 2/3 in T10. However, both of them have a tv show as their second T10 for me, so make of that what you will.

Peter Mayhew has the tie-breaker over David Prowse with The Force Awakens, so he's now a perfect 10 with 4/4.

The biggest change is that Hashimoto fell off after seeing Ikiru. I feel like I need to revisit it again in a few months, because while I found it a good movie, it didn't really connect for me the way his other films have.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Ramsay, but I've cheated by not rating Kevin.

Perfect PSIs:
3 films, (and The Wire) have an average Tier of 10 from 10 people: Apocalypse Now, Sátántangó, A Woman Under the Influence.

Moribunny
5504 Ratings

Post by Moribunny »

2014:
[spoiler]
Moribunny wrote:I have one perfect T10 director:

Asghar Farhadi
based on 4 films: Fireworks Wednesday, Regarding Ellie, A Separation, The Past

He is also my only perfect T10 screenwriter (based on the same flims).

And I have 10 perfect T10 actors (based on 3-4 films):
Franco Fabrizi
Gabriele Ferzetti
Claudio Gora
Dexter Fletcher
Felix Bressart
Yvonne Furneaux
Adrian Hoven
Slavko Stimac
Salvo Randone
Madhabi Mukherjee
[/spoiler]

2017:
I now have two perfect T10 directors:
Radu Jude (based on 5 films) and Jan Troell (based on 4)
Otherwise the closest I have are Maurice Pialat (T9.75 based on 8 films) and Asghar Farhadi (T9.67 based on 6 films)

The four of them also write, so it's basically the same picture when I look at screenwriters.

As for perfect T10 actors, I'm now down to 8 (all based on 3-4 films):
Serban Pavlu
Eddie Axberg
Babak Karimi
Adrian Hoven (still)
Shahab Hosseini
Felix Bressart (still)
Halvar Bjork
Madhabi Mukherjee (still)