Actors You Hate

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
ShogunRua
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Actors You Hate

Post by ShogunRua »

Pickpocket wrote:Ellen Page. Plays the same annoying character in every movie (yes, even Hard Candy) and is not as attractive as some would lead you to believe. She would've been average at my high school. It really sucks that she's in the new Chris Nolan movie.

Surprisingly enough, I completely agree. Her characters consistently grate on my nerves and makes me wish they would die in a blazing fire with their smarmy, fake-as-shit arrogance and insolence...which is problematic, considering she always plays the protagonist, with roles that require some degree of viewer sympathy, even in "Hard Candy".

It doesn't help that many of her films are fucking awful, but even in a decent/good movie like "Juno", her delivery and attitude often completely drew me out of the work.

Focus-

Will Ferrell. Never, ever found this guy funny. Incredibly irritating and obnoxious in all his roles.

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

ShogunRua wrote:
Will Ferrell. Never, ever found this guy funny. Incredibly irritating and obnoxious in all his roles.

See I admire Will Ferrell because of his impressive ability at improvisation (get him and John C. Reilly together and damn). Although there have been some noticeable misses in his collection of films, most notably for me was “Semi-Pro” I just didn’t care for that one.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Melvin Smif wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:

See I admire Will Ferrell because of his impressive ability at improvisation (get him and John C. Reilly together and damn). Although there have been some noticeable misses in his collection of films, most notably for me was “Semi-Pro” I just didn’t care for that one.

I've seen his improvisation. Never found it the least bit amusing. The one time in his entire life that he was even borderline funny was back when he played Dubya on SNL. That's it.

Humor is the most subjective of all the film genres, so enjoy what you like man, but for me, "Talladega", "Blades of Glory", "Elf", and "Anchorman" were all as unfunny and lame as "Semi-Pro".

miss jesus
2427 Ratings

Post by miss jesus »

Most of my big ones have been named--Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts, Nicolas Cage.

Frequently, though, when I hate an actor, it's because they just seem bland as hell to me. Like their presence in the movie just makes it more boring than it would have been with anyone else there. I would say that about Richard Gere, Jim Caviezel, Chris O'Donnell, Josh Hartnett, and several of these newer male actors who look exactly the same for some reason: the aforementioned Paul Walker, Chris Evans, and Channing Tatum.

Nice avatar, Smif!

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

miss jesus wrote:Most of my big ones have been named--Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts, Nicolas Cage.

Frequently, though, when I hate an actor, it's because they just seem bland as hell to me. Like their presence in the movie just makes it more boring than it would have been with anyone else there. I would say that about Richard Gere, Jim Caviezel, Chris O'Donnell, Josh Hartnett, and several of these newer male actors who look exactly the same for some reason: the aforementioned Paul Walker, Chris Evans, and Channing Tatum.

Nice avatar, Smif!

Thanks!

tef
1361 Ratings

Post by tef »

For Ferrell I think you have to be into man-child boisterous absurd humor.

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

tef wrote:For Ferrell I think you have to be into man-child boisterous absurd humor.

Its something I can dig from time to time.

Oh and tef I noticed you talking about Calvino on the forums, I am about to finish "Invisible Cities" its brilliant!

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

Kevin Spacey can also quit acting anytime now.

freqflyer
856 Ratings

Post by freqflyer »

In no particular order of suckitude, here are some actors I hate:

Jennifer Love Hewitt
Nicole Kidman
Gwyneth Paltrow
Penelope Cruz
Pauly Shore
Keanu Reeves
David Caruso
Adam Sandler

Here's why: Hewitt - no talent, overactor, gets by on looks -- Kidman: 'Bewitched' -- Paltrow: everything about her screams privilege and pretension -- only good movie she was in was when her head ended up in a box in 'Se7en' -- Cruz: that whole cute but fiery latin shtick grows old really fast -- Pauly shore: no need to explain that one -- Keanu Reeves: ditto. His best roles are when he is required to say the least, but even then, he manages to cheese them up (like the stupid poses in Matrix?) -- Caruso: CSI Miami is utterly unnecessary -- Adam Sandler: 40 year-old man baby who's about as funny as a case of ringworm.

tef
1361 Ratings

Post by tef »

Italo Calvino...e un genio. There are no other words.

Most of the 'hated' actors I've liked in something. Nick Cage in Leaving Las Vegas, Brendan Frasier in Scrubs, Cruz in anything in which she is a fiery latina as I have a huge weakness for them, Keanu Reeves in Constantine (it didn't suck!), Paltrow in the Royal Tenenbaums...

But most importantly (and the reason I made this post):

DAVID

FUCKING

CARUSO.

Should be in EVERYTHING. The White House. David Caruso should be on the fucking moon colony when we build one, to stand at an angle toward any aliens with his sun glasses on demanding they confess. Confess what? Anything.