Actors You Hate

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
stuie299
1450 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Actors You Hate

Post by stuie299 »

paulofilmo wrote:
I think he's rubbish; he sweats pretension.

I think you just described Sean Penn.

stuie299
1450 Ratings

Post by stuie299 »

Is this strictly Actors? If not I'd love to voice my hatred of Kat Dennings.

Actors:

1. Johnny Depp - This goes a long with my dislike of Tim Burton films, otherwise known as an Emo's wet dream.

2. Michael Cera - Poor man's Jesse Eisenberg. While Eisenberg has movies like Squid and The Whale and The Social Network on his resume, Cera's big accomplishment is Juno :roll:. The kid just caught a lucky break with Arrested Development.

3. Gerard Butler - 300 was a fluke.

4 and 5. Bradley Cooper and Will Arnett - Two guys who are usually in movies I don't like or are in roles I don't like.

6. Most shitty mainstream actors like Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Zack Effron etc. They're nothing more than eye candy for the unintelligent masses.

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

I'm going to add Bradley Cooper to my list. He's like an even douchier version of Shia Laboeuf.

jess87
0 Ratings

Post by jess87 »

I really don't hate any actors but I find Michael Rapaport to be incredibly irritating. He seems to always play the same role, and just gives a lot of attitude.

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

stuie299 wrote:2. Michael Cera - Poor man's Jesse Eisenberg. While Eisenberg has movies like Squid and The Whale and The Social Network on his resume, Cera's big accomplishment is Juno :roll:. The kid just caught a lucky break with Arrested Development.

Aren't you forgetting Scott Pilgrim vs the World (for Cera)?

Anyway, who's to say Eisenberg didn't just get lucky when the Social Network received all sorts of acclaim? Not that I'm trying to defend Cera here; frankly I don't like either of them. But between these two lookalikes I find Eisenberg more irritating personally.
Last edited by nauru on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Devol
1140 Ratings

Post by by Devol »

nauru wrote:
stuie299 wrote:I find Eisenberg more irritating personally.

seconded, ever since "Roger Dodger", meanwhile Cera's an annoyingly frightened fawn in front of the ol' headlights - hard to envsion him developing into more mature roles as time goes on.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

nauru wrote:
stuie299 wrote:2. Michael Cera - Poor man's Jesse Eisenberg. While Eisenberg has movies like Squid and The Whale and The Social Network on his resume, Cera's big accomplishment is Juno :roll:. The kid just caught a lucky break with Arrested Development.

Aren't you forgetting Scott Pilgrim vs the World (for Cera)?

I WISH I could forget that abortion!

nauru wrote:Anyway, who's to say Eisenberg didn't just get lucky when the Social Network received all sorts of acclaim? Not that I'm trying to defend Cera here; frankly I don't like either of them. But between these two lookalikes I find Eisenberg more irritating personally.

I think Eisenberg is terrific, and it's a shame that he was (and to some extent, still is) type-caste in the same type of roles as Cera was.

I haven't watched "The Social Network", but Eisenberg was really good in "Adventureland". Comparing Cera to Eisenberg is like comparing Orlando Bloom to Sir Laurence Olivier. Yeah, there are some superficial similarities, but one can act and the other cannot.

GillSolo
414 Ratings

Post by GillSolo »

In no particular order...
Colin Farrel
Will Farrel
Julia Roberts
Hayden Christianson
Robert Downy Jr.
Meg Ryan
Adam Sandler these days
Zooey Daschanel
And whomever else I forgot...

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Man, other than Downey Jr, I am with you on every one of those.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

There's a lot of 'em I don't like as people, but few in the modern era I don't think have some talent. I guess stupid comedians pretty much populate that list, like Jerry Lewis, Adam Sandler, Rowan Atkinson, Will Ferrell (except in the drama Stranger than Fiction), Mike Myers!, Owen Wilson (except Midnight in Paris).

Action movies are full of 'em but then that's not really serious acting so....

Worst (phoniest) actors, Jimmy Stewart, Susan Hayward and Olivia de Havilland.