Christoph Fisser ... co-producer
Stan Lee ... executive producer
Henning Molfenter ... co-producer
Nate Moore ... executive producer
Trinh Tran ... associate producer
Patricia Whitcher ... executive producer
Lars P. Winther ... associate producer
Charlie Woebcken ... co-producer

Is there no longer a/the Producer? I know executive producers are mostly people with names who can go to cocktail parties or elsewhere and scrounge a film's financing. But what are all the other types of producers? And in the unlikely event that this movie is nominated, much less wins, an Oscar, who accept the award? Or do they all go on stage and get one even though only one or a couple will have time for acceptance speeches (praise da Lawd)?

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: WTF?

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Stewball wrote:Is there no longer a/the Producer? I know executive producers are mostly people with names who can go to cocktail parties or elsewhere and scrounge a film's financing. But what are all the other types of producers? And in the unlikely event that this movie is nominated, much less wins, an Oscar, who accept the award? Or do they all go on stage and get one even though only one or a couple will have time for acceptance speeches (praise da Lawd)?

Oscar rules permit only a maximum of five producers per film to be nominated for Best Picture. If a film has more than 5 producers I have no idea how they determine which five producers make the cut and which ones don't.

Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: WTF?

Post by Stewball »

CosmicMonkey wrote:Oscar rules permit only a maximum of five producers per film to be nominated for Best Picture. If a film has more than 5 producers I have no idea how they determine which five producers make the cut and which ones don't.

I know if I pimped myself out to bring in a couple mil and wasn't included, I'd be pissed--and I probably wouldn't even know who to be pissed at. Must be why I don't do it.

Stewart Q. Ball, associate/executive/co-producer at large. Starlets pro-bono.