Directors You Hate

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Directors You Hate

Post by cagedwisdom »

Quicky wrote:
HorrorMaster wrote:3. The asshole who directed The Cell (he thinks he's the best director ever)

Have you seen The Fall? I haven't seen The Cell but I absolutely loved The Fall.

Yeah, The Fall is incredible. I don't think The Cell is so great though.. From what I've heard it sounds pretty pretentious, but I've not seen it either.

Spunkie
5477 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

For me, both movies have underdeveloped, weak stories. But the visual portrait of a psychopat's underconcious is more interesting than grandeur, yet kitsch fantasy world of the Fall. I'm kinda amazed why everyone Fall's, but not much Cell's :)

prowler
937 Ratings

Post by prowler »

yep the fall, weak story, kitchy? pretty much right. haven't seen the cell, and i don't intend to very soon

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I thought the story of The Fall was pretty weak up until the end when I finally got the slow-motion black/white introduction sequence and how the separate stories were intertwined.. I didn't really get it until they sit and watch the movie at the end. But, to each his own I guess. I thought the story of The Fall was pretty fantastic, although I loved it probably mainly for it's breathtaking visuals.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Nope, I haven't seen The Fall. I remember reading on Wikipedia him saying something along the lines of Uwe Boll's quote, "I'm the only genius in the business."

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

I don't really hate any of these people but they pretty much suck ass.

George Lucas
Bruce McDonald
Rob Reiner
Wayans Brothers
Tyler Perry

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I also want to mention Stephen Spielberg, who I forgot to mention. His films are as overrated as movies can possibly get without being just criminal. I think most of his films completely lack art.

I have also been disappointed by Brian De Palma. I don't believe he's released anything else in the same league of Carrie.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Pickpocket wrote:George Lucas

While I'll agree that Lucas' talent as a director is average at best (THX-1138, American Graffiti) and god awful at worst (Star Wars prequels), he has unique visions for his projects and the ability to really rally a production team behind him. He's a wonderful producer who needs to stay out of the director's chair, pretty much.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

-BigEvil- wrote:

While I'll agree that Lucas' talent as a director is average at best (THX-1138, American Graffiti) and god awful at worst (Star Wars prequels), he has unique visions for his projects and the ability to really rally a production team behind him. He's a wonderful producer who needs to stay out of the director's chair, pretty much.

As much as I love the original trilogy, I wouldn't say anything he's done comes close to unique. Never seen Graffiti though.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Pickpocket wrote:
-BigEvil- wrote:

As much as I love the original trilogy, I wouldn't say anything he's done comes close to unique. Never seen Graffiti though.

Imaginative may have been a better word.