[unsolved] heist: liquefied gold bars pumped into fire truck

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: [unsolved] heist: liquefied gold bars pumped into fire truck

Post by BadCosmonaut »

livelove wrote:
BadCosmonaut wrote:Is it Heist (2001)?

Thank you. I read the wiki link you gave me, but don't see any liquefaction/liquefying going on.
Does that take place ?

Yeah. Paragraphs 5 to 7 of the Plot section talks about the melting and what they do with it. I don't want to spoil too much for other people, but this could be what you're talking about. Check out the trailer on youtube.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

MetaCritic2 wrote:Danger: Diabolik? It's an Italian movie from the '60s, but sounds similar.
thank you. sorry, no, this is too early by a few decades

thank you. I don't think this is the film (but will watch it one day). I have to admit though, that it is pretty close: It has a similar feel/atmosphere and is almost eligible as far as its release year is concerned. But I believe I saw the film between 1990-1999. Everything thereafter is almost certainly too late.
Last edited by livelove on Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Interesting. Please let me know after you watch it, because I'm curious to see if it ends up being the right one!

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

I will, as soon as I can get hold of the film. I have rewatched the trailer a dozen times though, and there is literally nothing sticking out as familiar to me. I'm almost certain I have never seen that film.

Any other ideas in the meanwhile ?

Is there really no Batman movie with this plot element? That was my first hunch.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Actually I think I can explain that. I think the movie is just extraordinarily forgettable. A couple years ago, I was trying to remember what it was called too, and the only thing I could remember was the gold bars on the vehicle to hide the gold. Eventually I found it somehow, despite not recognizing it at all when watching the trailer multiple times. Even now when I watch the trailer, nothing about it seems familiar. When I read the plot summary on wikipedia or wherever, nothing about that is familiar either. Basically the only thing I remember in even the slightest way is hiding the gold in the bars on a vehicle of some kind. It's just one of those movies you forget everything about.

I can't think of any other movie that fits your description. I don't think it fits any recent Batman movie. Not sure about pre-Nolan.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

sorry it was a good idea, but I'm sure I've never seen this film.
Besides, it's too recent and seems to lack liquefied gold, which is a non-starter.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

coming to think of it, I don't think it would even be possible to pump liquid gold into a fire truck, chemically speaking, since liquid gold would be too hot for that ...

... although that doesn't always stop films from going ahead with such a plot element ... :)

If it wasn't liquid gold, then maybe it was something else of value (diamonds, or thousands of small gold particles) which was pumped into the firetruck along with the water.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Anything else you remember from that movie that can give us a clue like the rest of the story?! Try this two

Heat (1995)
Con air (1997)

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Guest wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:25 pm
Anything else you remember from that movie that can give us a clue like the rest of the story?!
Unfortunately not. I have this scene in my head for years now, but I don't know to which movie it belongs to.

Guest wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:25 pm
Try this two:
Heat (1995)
Con air (1997)
Are there any liquefied gold bars in there ?