Crop-field opening sequence with classical movie

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
alex3751
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Crop-field opening sequence with classical movie

Post by alex3751 »

Hi there,

I guess this is a hard nut to crack. There was once a movie in TV where I saw only the opening sequence (but nothing more)! I guess it was a drama movie (probably set back some in the 1950s), which was the reason I did not continue to watch. But in the opening sequence a field was visible (crop field, crops and/or grass) and a very nice classical theme was playing. It could be that the lead actor was Richard Gere, or at least some kind of Richard Gere. I also guess the movie was from the 1980/1990...

Well, thats about it. The one thing I can remeber for sure (and the reason I am looking for this film) is the great uplifting positive classical theme that played at the beginning. I want to know what it is!!

Thanks in advance for any help...

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Re: Crop-field opening sequence with classical movie

Post by Anomaly »

Richard Gere? Crop fields? Classical music theme? It's Days of Heaven.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Anomaly1 wrote:Richard Gere? Crop fields? Classical music theme? It's Days of Heaven.

The music in Days of Heaven was like hillbilly guitar or something, and if there wasn't a train involved, that wouldn't be it. It sounds more like Gladiator, but that moves on from the wheat to the opening battle scene pretty quickly. Without a train or the battle, it'd be neither.

mattorama12
3094 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

Kinda sounds like Badlands. I don't think there are any fields in the opening, but there are later in the movie? Probably not Gladiator, as that takes place a couple millenia too soon.

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »