Indi Female Coming of Age early 2000's

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
turant
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Indi Female Coming of Age early 2000's

Post by turant »

I'm trying to find a small independent English language film I saw in the early 2000's. Pretty sure it was released around that time as well. It was a coming-of-age/day-in-the-life story of a teenage girl. It took place in an urban setting near what seemed to be either one of the Great Lakes or possibly the Atlantic. As I recall there wasn't much of a plot and the film took place over the course of a day. The girl leaves her home, or maybe she is kicked out. She wanders around the city and some transformative events occur. The most memorable and disturbing scene is when she is invited into an apartment to party with what appear to be older college boys. She winds up willingly giving oral sex to one of the boys in what we learn to be her first sexual experience. During the encounter she vomits. The scene cuts to her storming out of the building with the boy yelling at her. She flips him the finger and goes on her way. More events occur and she ends up sleeping on the beach. She wakes up cold the next morning and walks down the beach. I think she runs into a friend we previously met in the film. We realize he (or maybe she) might love her. Then the film ends.

That's my vague recollection. What I really remember most is the poignant feeling of this film and strength and independent spirit of the girl. Any help with a title would be appreciated!

dfernand
10 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Indi Female Coming of Age early 2000's

Post by dfernand »

was going to say 'The Slums of Beverly Hills' but it's the wrong coast and no same sex love interest at the end. But u never know.. could be