Horror movie name needed.

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
Bastet
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Horror movie name needed.

Post by Bastet »

Hello all.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Just signed up as I am desperate to find out the name of a movie which has eluded me for years.

In the early to mid 90s I watched a horror show during a sleep over. I was about 12 I think. It was a horror and, at the time, was quite scary and gory - especially as I was a kid.

I remember parts of the plot I think. It was basically a group of jocks and cheerleader types and they went to this old ladies house/mansion. I can't remember if it was volunteer work or if they had to work their as payment for breaking something.

Any way, they played a prank on the lady, I think, and she ended up dead. They rolled her up in a run or some carpet and threw her body into the swimming pool.

Apparently she came back from the dead and killed them all, which all took place at the house/mansion.

One girl was stabbed using a dolls head. When the head came off, it had a sharp knife or something inside. Another girl (with glasses I think) ended up in a toilet cubicle. She died when a long knife was pushed through her throat horizontally. Her body slid down from beneath the blade, leading the head on top. Finally, a guy (I can't remember if he was with the others, he might have been a gardener or cop) died when a javelin (I think) went through his neck.

I'd love to watch this movie again and add it to my huge horror collection.

Does anyone know the title please? I've tried every search combination I can think of with Google. It didn't even show up in the results from review sites such as 'top 25 toilet deaths' or 'top ten sport accident deaths' etc. It's been eating away at me for a year now.

Thanks guys.

mpazzo
1075 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Horror movie name needed.

Post by mpazzo »

The movie you're asking about is The House on Sorority Row (1983). Recognized your description immediately because I just happened to watch it a few days ago. It is currently available for free viewing if you are a Prime member.

The girls in the film were sorority sisters and they lived in the mansion where the movie takes place, except that it was closed up because school was out. The girls weren't supposed to be in the house so they were sneaking around. The old lady tossed in the pool was their sorority's house mother. I won't say any more so as to not spoil the rest of the movie for you.