Foreign erotic (art house?) movie

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
MrC
18 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Foreign erotic (art house?) movie

Post by MrC »

I think it is set in France, but the title is Spanish/Italian/something else. I remember even with the title it took a bit of hunting down, and now I can't remember the title. Can't even tell you the original language as I watched a dubbed version (unfortunately not English).

The plot:
A man bumps into an old artist, who for some reason gives him a painting. The artist dies.
The man goes to the artist's studio to return the painting. The studio is full of nude drawings of a young girl. The young girl turns up and she and the man start a very physical relationship. It turns out that the girl was in a relationship with the artist.

In between sex scenes, the man is constantly asking the girl questions about her life, her thoughts her feelings etc. She begins to get pissed off. At some point the man goes round to the girl's house where he meets her parents. Jealousy also plays a role when the man sees the girl meeting with another man.

That's about all I can remember. Anyone?