letters from a soldier to his mother (movie name)

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
Ioannes
10 Ratings
Your TCI: na

letters from a soldier to his mother (movie name)

Post by Ioannes »

Hey guys, I don’t usually go around on random forums and ask for clarification on lots of unnecessary flashbacks and such, so please be considerate if I misplaced this thread or didn’t make any sound from it. I was wondering if you could help me to reconnect with one particular movie I watched few years ago.
I don’t remember much from it because it’s kind of fuzzy and all mixed up as I watched lots of movies on similar topics so it all got mixed up. I do remember its based on real life events. Basically the storyline takes place on some island or peninsula with lighthouse and some old shabby shack/house. Its about wartime events, there’s a woman expecting her son to return to home from battlefield, and all she got from him are the letters he sent to her. And in those letter I vaguely remember one quote that struck me particularly and it says something like this “as little boy leaves the school” or something like that. I know it doesn’t make any sense, but the rest of it is what found intriguing, and the fact that those are REAL letters from a soldier to his mother (or maybe wife) in ww1 or 2 not sure. Apart from that I can remember one scene distinctly. One night that woman was standing by the house window looking at the lighthouse in distance waiting for her son to return or to call her or something like that as always. And suddenly in the distance, in the lighthouse or down in the field, not sure, there was light blinking in the Morse code, and then she wrote that on the piece of paper and don’t know what it said. Bottom line, I tried to search google using words like letter of soldier to his mother, lighthouse, angel (maybe this word was in title), letters etc. Movie was 1990-2007, something like that I think. I would be super duper thankful for any and all suggestions and hints :D

ribcage
4173 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: letters from a soldier to his mother (movie name)

Post by ribcage »

The Morse code bit makes me vaguely think of:
https://www.criticker.com/film/Eye-of-the-Needle/

But it doesn't fit the year or the authentic letters criteria.