War (WWII?) film where guy is waiting in rain at bus stop

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
gdeangel
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

War (WWII?) film where guy is waiting in rain at bus stop

Post by gdeangel »

A scene from a film I saw few years ago came to mind but I can't remember much about the overarching movie plot. I want to re-watch it to make a critical comparison with another film I just watched. Can remember name of film or any actors from it.

There were a bunch of soldiers... I don't remember how many. The are variously wounded / killed and some go to hospital at one point after a big battle. At one point in middle or toward end of film, one of them goes from hospital (can't remember if here was there for injury, or just visiting) to some place where there is a bus stop outside the home of one of the other soldiers families. He either brings them some wine, or they give him a bottle of wine. I think at first they tell him they don't want to talk to him, but then he is out in the rain waiting for the bus that only comes like once a day, and then someone from the family goes to check on him. The place with the bus stop is most likely somewhere in England. I thought it could be "Band of Brothers", but I'm 99% sure it was a movie not a TV series.