European hitman who is burnt out, and takes a vacation at winter lodge in forest?

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
zak88lx
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

European hitman who is burnt out, and takes a vacation at winter lodge in forest?

Post by zak88lx »

Hello all,

I am trying to find a movie that I originally watched back on Netflix approximately 5+ years ago.
The movie was foreign, and I believe it was from Norway, Sweden or Finland.

The plot was a mob hitman, who is overweight, has longer greasy hair, smokes cigarettes, kind of a slob, but a gentle giant.
He is burnt out from his assassination work, and his boss suggests that he takes a vacation at this very remote cabin/lodge in the middle of a dense forest with snow covered winter roads.
The movie takes place in winter, and I remember a Volvo station wagon being driven.

An older rich guy (Richard Branson type) lives at this winter lodge with his younger blonde girlfriend.
Another mob crew shows up to take out this rich guy at the lodge, but he is packing major heat (machine guns) and he is firing guns from the deck in a robe.

Any ideas on the title?
I really enjoyed this movie, and would love to get the title.

Thanks!

livelove
67 Ratings

Re: European hitman who is burnt out, and takes a vacation at winter lodge in forest?

Post by livelove »

It's probably not the film you are looking for (a handful of criteria don't match), but just to be on the safe side: you wouldn't mean The Bourne Legacy by any chance ? It has a similar opening sequence.

Or could you mean Hanna ?

zak88lx
0 Ratings

Re: European hitman who is burnt out, and takes a vacation at winter lodge in forest?

Post by zak88lx »

livelove wrote:It's probably not the film you are looking for (a handful of criteria don't match), but just to be on the safe side: you wouldn't mean The Bourne Legacy by any chance ? It has a similar opening sequence.

Or could you mean Hanna ?

No, but thank you for trying!
I was actually able to find the movie title by logging into my Netflix account and going back in time to my archived viewing activity. This is a great feature that I didn't know existed until yesterday.

Anyway the movie title for those interested is: Snowman's Land (2010)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1522296/?ref_=nv_sr_1

zak88lx
0 Ratings

Post by zak88lx »

BadCosmonaut wrote:Snowman's Land (2010)?

Yes, that's it.
I was just replying to livelove, and missed your post.

Thanks!