Identify drama shown in the UK in the 2000's in Nazi occupied Europe Jewess with German surname the main character

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
onepound
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Identify drama shown in the UK in the 2000's in Nazi occupied Europe Jewess with German surname the main character

Post by onepound »

I am trying to identify drama shown in the UK in the 2000's maybe late 1990's if repeat in Nazi occupied Europe Jewess (with German surname I think Richter) as the main character. It might have been a made for TV film or split into a drama with episodes but I think it was just one part so more likely a film.

I am trying to identify drama shown in the UK in the 2000's, maybe late 1990's if repeated, set in Nazi occupied Europe. A Jewess (with German surname I think, Richter, might be an alias) as the main character. It might have been on ITV. I cant remember if it is set in a low country maybe Holland or Poland.

The part of the story I've seen is she's married to some Jewish guy, he seems nice, whom she does not give a toss on as is usual in life. She's got a job working for some pretty mean Nazi governmental type maybe Gestapo or SS I can't remember which. She's also part of some kind of resistance movement and arranges to meet her Nazi boss somewhere where she can reveal some secret information. He's ambushed and murdered. He's basically so horrible that he deserves this gruesome end and there is no emotional empathy for him whatsoever. He also thinks he can spot a Jew just by looking carefully at someones head and indeed carefully inspects the protagonist like some kind of anthropological specimen.

She's also having an affair with a guy that's helping the Nazi's and also her husband thinks she might be a prostitute - he's really unfortunate to be married to her! I did not see the ending.

It's really complex and she's complex but interesting and I'd like to watch it again so does anybody recognise the drama from these scant recollections?

Identify drama shown in the UK in the 2000's in Nazi occupied Europe

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Re: Identify drama shown in the UK in the 2000's in Nazi occupied Europe Jewess with German surname the main character

Post by CosmicMonkey »

FYI, the term "Jewess" has historically carried anti-semitic and sexist connotations, and is seen as offensive and derogatory if used by someone who isn't a Jewish woman, and especially by someone who isn't Jewish. Idk, the original poster might actually be Jewish and still be comfortable using the term, but in case not, I just wanted to point that out for future reference.

Sincerely,
criticker's resident SJW.

guy piranha
2041 Ratings

Re: Identify drama shown in the UK in the 2000's in Nazi occupied Europe Jewess with German surname the main character

Post by guy piranha »

FYI,
i speak on behalf of criticker's dyslexic community, and your casual use of scripture offends them.
please refrain from writing anything. at all.
for future reference.