Back in the late 70s early 80s I saw this Docudrama following the trail of a prospector that supposedly found gold in Yellowstone. The story seemed to be simply an excuse to get into parts of the park that the average visitor couldn't see.
The parts I remember are:
1) the man's nickname was Frenchy
2) a comment (in a diary he wrote I think) about how ther girls at a town he visited were so daring to show their full ankle
3) the searchers entering an area they called 'The Devil's Front Yard' filled with bubbling mud pools.
4) The searchers discovering that Frenchy had in reality found pyrite.
5) The final scene where the camera focuses on some bones as it is stated 'Frenchy was a man who could handle what ever the wilderness could throw at him...until that wilderness was invaded by another greedy man.'
Based on what I remember I would say the film wasn't made any earlier then the mid 1960s. Any ideas on this film?
Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.