Children being killed....

Share your Criticker Collections with the rest of the community!
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Re: Children being killed....

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I wouldn't call it violent. If I recall correctly you see the young girl walking into the water and then it intercuts to the father in the house having a superstition and running out to her and finding her. The whole movie proceeds based on the psychological conflict of the parents having to deal with the loss.

SirStuckey
2880 Ratings

Post by SirStuckey »

Just watched this movie tonight and was reminded of this topic.

[spoiler]Hard Ball (2001)[/spoiler]. It's streaming on Netflix if you want to watch it.

BillyShears
5493 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

:?

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

miss jesus wrote:The remake of [spoiler]The Blob[/spoiler] gets a lot of credit for having a kid get killed. That was probably Frank Darabont. :)

I'm posting to this ancient thread for two reasons. Firstly I believe miss jesus was referring to [spoiler]The Mist[/spoiler] which was the first film that sprung to mind when thinking of the subject. I was surprised nobody else looked to correct this or mention it as a separate suggestion, as it's while it doesn't happen on screen, it's a famous example of a director fighting to include a child's death in a film (even changing the source material's take) and winning the battle.

Secondly during the mid thread 'debate' with that weirdo there was a wonderful comment ...

Spunkie wrote:
When there is a noisy child I'm stuck in the same space, I can fantasize about ripping his head off and slam it into the basket just to blow off steam. What stops me from doing so isn't the consequences, I am not in the least serious in the first place. I am a member of a predator species and have the possibility of violence within my instincts, acknowledging my nature makes inner peace easier to attain, drawing bars does not.

When I was a teenager, I struggled alone to understand why certain thought processes were 'pleasing' when the thought of them in reality disgusted me. I initially feared there might be something wrong with me, but eventually I came to understand that getting some sort of positivity from a 'fantasy' which is against my real world morals is normal and actually healthy. However Spunkie's comment sums this up in such a perfectly concise way I wish I could have read this thread 20 years ago!

90sCoffee
2237 Ratings

Post by 90sCoffee »

In Me, Earl, and The Dying Girl...[spoiler]they have the main character say at least twice that the girl does not die at the end as a narration and you're expecting them to fall in love and be completely okay and then...she dies, wtf!?[/spoiler]

iconogassed
7280 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

The Puppet Masters (1994) would probably give Denizen blue balls. In the first act a body-snatched kinda-kid (early-mid teens) gets violently thrown from the hood of a car and presumably killed so you're all like yeah man let's see what else they got then later when they're machine-gunning 'em all the government dudes are looking at the thermal reactions which is how they tell if they're body-snatched and they see a bunch of body-snatched kids and the general's all like THEY'RE USIN' KIDS?!?! and Donald Sutherland says WE CANNOT THINK OF THEM AS CHILDREN ANYMORE, THEY ARE ENEMIES so you're all yeah man maybe we're gonna get some Who Can Kill A Child? shit up in here but then there's an announcement like WE'RE MOVING ALL THE CHILDREN INTO THE SAFE CHAMBERS and then they rub your face in it with a shot of all the evil alien kids being shepherded by army dudes into safety

I haven't read the book but I bet Heinlein killed some fuckin' kids

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Thanks for the additions fellas :D

iconogassed
7280 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

The miniseries Hatfields & McCoys features a scene in which the Hatfields use a mentally disabled cousin in an armed assault and he shotguns a young female McCoy point-blank

MacSwell
2703 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Maaxwell wrote:

BAHAHAHAHA