Fuck my Life

Share your Criticker Collections with the rest of the community!
Dorkovsky
41943 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Fuck my Life

Post by Dorkovsky »

http://www.criticker.com/?fl&coll=5704

Trying to put together the bleakest movies possible. I'm not talking about your lil girly movies like Requiem for a Dream or Grave of the Fireflies, which are sad, sure, but I'm looking for movies that depress you on a more personal level, making you re-examine your own self and existance and the hopelessness of it all. All help is appreciated but I might be kind of picky. Simply being a tearjerker won't cut it.

theficionado
1908 Ratings

Re: Fuck my Life

Post by theficionado »

Synecdoche?

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

What a great title....

epiphany
0 Ratings

Post by epiphany »

A Short Film About Killing?

Dorkovsky
41943 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

I haven't seen most of these. so throw them in there. If anyone disagrees then at the worst some discussion will come from it. A Short Film about Killing would be up there for sure though.

edit" on second thought, I guess I have no problem with Requiem or Grave of the Fireflies. They might be more manipulative to me but I don't want this collection to be too restrained, especially since I can see people arguing those.

Quicky
786 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

Lilya-4-ever was pretty depressing. So was Rosetta (Belgian movie).

borislugosi
1526 Ratings

Post by borislugosi »

'Lilya 4 Ever' was the first thing that came to mind for me too. I would also add 'Nil By Mouth'.

Thinking about it though, I think the film that has depressed me the most is Tobak's 'Black and White'. It doesn't set out to be depressing, but I found every single character to be so utterly reprehensible that I found myself genuinely questioning humanity after watching it. The only way I could get my head around it was to convince myself that people really aren't like that in the real world, and it was just a bad movie!

chemical404
3432 Ratings

Post by chemical404 »

i think i depends from person to person. i don't see anything depressing about Machinist or Martyrs or The Mist, but i guess someone got depressed by them. so...

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

chemical404 wrote:i think i depends from person to person. i don't see anything depressing about Machinist or Martyrs or The Mist, but i guess someone got depressed by them. so...

I included The Machinist and The Mist because they were at least bleak, if not depressing. Really, what better says "Fuck My Life" than what happens to the poor bastard in The Mist?

And The Machinist is far from a happy movie. The subject matter can hardly be anything but bleak.