Children being killed....

Share your Criticker Collections with the rest of the community!
TheDenizen
3114 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Children being killed....

Post by TheDenizen »

OK.

I've been posting here for a couple of months now, so hopefully people have gotten used to me and my odd tastes a bit and won't be shocked and horrified by what I'm about to say. :)

I LOVE seeing kids getting killed in movies. The younger and more brutally/graphically the better. It seems to be considered terribly taboo to actually show child murder onscreen, so most films with the subject matter tend to only imply the violence by having it occur offscreen. Those few occassions when the killings are actually shown are made that much more shocking by their very rarity.

So, having just read the entire "collections that are inherently spoilers" thread, I'll refrain from making a collection...but I want recommendations! Please list out for me films you've seen that show a child being murdered (or violently killed in an accident or something) on screen, and use spoiler tags if you please, so as not to upset anyone else :)

Here's a couple off the top of my head that I really enjoyed:

[spoiler]Fight for your Life
The Untold Story: Human Meat Buns
Don't Torture a Duckling
Treevenge (short)[/spoiler]

Mentaculus
3438 Ratings

Re: Children being killed....

Post by Mentaculus »

lolz.

[spoiler]Sick Girl (2007), (not the MOH short film)[/spoiler] is the only one I can think of. But I consider this a challenge, so after a short and introspective respite, I shall be back.

BTW the film is terrible, but the part in question is pretty fantastic, using your delightfully perverted logic.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

jacobb1313 wrote: your delightfully perverted logic.

:D Thanks

Just remembered another good one

[spoiler]City of God[/spoiler]

edkrak
3745 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

Oh you sick bastard... yeah but honestly because it's so taboo it's a nice surprise to see child being killed once in a while. And now I see the main reason you liked Treevenge :D

Beware Children at Play - lots of children getting killed in every possible way
Feast 2 - my favorite in this category
Familienradgeber - haven't seen it but I heard that director kills his real life child in this one
Of course there is also zombie child in Braindead
I think there was also child murder in [spoiler]Baby of Macon[/spoiler], but I saw it years ago and don't remember if it was graphically shown.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Thanks for those edkrak...though I suppose I could include [spoiler]Feast (kid gets gobbled near the beginning)[/spoiler] as well... :D
Last edited by TheDenizen on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mentaculus
3438 Ratings

Post by Mentaculus »

TheDenizen wrote:
Just remembered another good one

[spoiler]City of God[/spoiler]

So does [spoiler]Bunuel's Los Olvidados[/spoiler] count?? Details are sketchy but the last shot is pretty vivid.

Also, [spoiler]Acacia[/spoiler] from Korea.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

jacobb1313 wrote:So does [spoiler]Bunuel's Los Olvidados[/spoiler] count?? Details are sketchy but the last shot is pretty vivid.

Also, [spoiler]Acacia[/spoiler] from Korea.

not sure, I haven't seen either, but thanks for the recs! I added [spoiler]City of God[/spoiler] because it shows pre-teen kids killing each other. :)

I guess I'd also have to include stuff like [spoiler]Lord of the Flies[/spoiler] as well?

Dorkovsky
41943 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

Battle Royale is the first thing that comes to mind, then of course, Haneke's [spoiler]Funny Games[/spoiler]

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

I think the kids in Battle Royale were supposed to be highschool age, right? That's kinda too old for what I'm going for here.

I've not seen [spoiler]Funny Games[/spoiler], though, thanks.

Just thought of another one :P [spoiler]Bill Hinzman's Flesh Eater[/spoiler] has kids getting killed by zombies. Then they come back as zombies themselves and get killed again :D
Last edited by TheDenizen on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kylie
2052 Ratings

Post by kylie »

What about [spoiler]Murder Set Pieces?[/spoiler]