Top Ten New Films to see in 2014

Share your Criticker Collections with the rest of the community!
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Top Ten New Films to see in 2014

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I have made my top ten new films list to see in 2014. I plan and hope to experience them all in the movie theaters. Hope there is some information here that will make you aware of some great up coming releases. Make sure to look these movies up and find out more about them: writers, actors, plot, trailer etc. If you know of any that you think I missed and must be aware of please let me know. This is my list of the movies I really want to see, opinions may differ. #1 is the most anticipated film of the year for me and the list goes down.

Here are my Top Ten Films to see in 2014:

#1. "Inherent Vice" Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson (12/12)

#2. "Interstellar" Directed by Christopher Nolan (11/7)

#3. "Life Itself" Directed by Steve James (7/18)

#4. "Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For" Directed by Frank Miller & Robert Rodriguez (8/22)

#5. "Birdman" Directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (10/17)

#6. "Gone Girl" Directed By David Fincher (10/3)

#7. "Mood Indigo" Directed By Michel Gondry (7/18)

#8. "The Dance Of Reality" Directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky (5/23)

#9. "Big Eyes" Directed By Tim Burton (TBA)

#10. "Midnight Special" Directed By Jeff Nichols (TBA)

edkrak
3747 Ratings

Re: Top Ten New Films to see in 2014

Post by edkrak »

For me it's:
1. La Danza de la Realidad
2. Inherent Vice
3. Jodorowsky's Dune
4. The Green Inferno
5. Interstellar
6. Pasolini
7. Kaze tachinu
8. 22 Jump Street
9. Lost River
10. Zombeavers

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Thanks for posting your top ten films. Very interesting and unique list. You seem like your a Alejandro Jodorowsky fan. I really want to see "Dance Of Reality" and am very curious to see "Jodorowsky's Dune". Have you ever seen "El Topo"? I have not seen it yet but I am planning to real soon. I've heard a lot about that midnight movie that has become a cult classic since it's first release in 1970. Just wondering why "22 Jump Street" made your list? Thanks again for posting, real cool list.

edkrak
3747 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

Jodo is my favorite filmmaker , so obviously I've seen it. It's actually my 3rd favorite film. Well, you can always check my profile if you're curious about my rankings, since I've rated pretty much every film I've seen (except for early childhood viewings).

I want to see "22 Jump Street" because I liked the first part and this one has potential to be even more in my taste since I love silly frat/spring break comedies. Of course I don't expect it to be a masterpiece, but I hope it'll be a fun, relaxing summer film.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

I would welcome an El Topo/Jodo thread. It's one of the last films I've seen, and I haven't been interested in watching much of anything else. The rhythm of the images married with the sound design. I remember the crows.
But I didn't grok the second part.

He's very. He's worth reading about.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Was just wondering about "22 Jump Street" because it seemed a bit out of place compared to the other films on your list. I haven't seen "21 Jump Street" either so don't know too much about it except that it's based on the TV show. I know that every movie does not have to be a masterpiece to be enjoyed, but in my opinion does have to be worthy of money and time. Just wondering if it's gonna be a good one, thanks for sharing.

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Perce82 wrote:Was just wondering about "22 Jump Street" because it seemed a bit out of place compared to the other films on your list. I haven't seen "21 Jump Street" either so don't know too much about it except that it's based on the TV show. I know that every movie does not have to be a masterpiece to be enjoyed, but in my opinion does have to be worthy of money and time. Just wondering if it's gonna be a good one, thanks for sharing.

You're wondering about whether 22 Jump Street will be worth the money and time, yet have no reservations about Zombeavers?

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Perce82 wrote:Was just wondering about "22 Jump Street" because it seemed a bit out of place compared to the other films on your list. I haven't seen "21 Jump Street" either so don't know too much about it except that it's based on the TV show. I know that every movie does not have to be a masterpiece to be enjoyed, but in my opinion does have to be worthy of money and time. Just wondering if it's gonna be a good one, thanks for sharing.

#9 on your list is a Tim Burton movie, who hasn't made a good film in 20 years, since Ed Wood, (Big Fish was decent, most of the rest were shit) and you're questioning someone else's choices? Also, edkrak isn't Nostradamus; he can't predict whether an unreleased picture will be good or not.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

It's all good. I wasn't questioning "22 Jump Street" because it's a bad movie. I was questioning it because I felt it stood out more than the other films on his list. Maybe I shouldn't have questioned it at all, just wanted to start conversation to tell you the truth. This is his list, not mine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with "22 Jump Street" or wanting to see it. Just wondering if I would pay to go see it, just me...no one else. Those top ten films I posted are not at all guaranteed to be good movies, there just movies I want to see, my opinion. I thought somebody might benefit from my post in some way, that's why I posted it. I have no right of judging anybody on the films they want to see or that they like. I can only tell you what I want to see and my opinion of films that I like or dislike. Everybody see's movies differently and everyone has their own opinion, which I think is great. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I honestly just wanted to start conversation.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

I believe edkrak already explained why he was interested in the movie only two posts before you asked whether it will be worth "the money or time", or "a good one".

I want to see "22 Jump Street" because I liked the first part and this one has potential to be even more in my taste since I love silly frat/spring break comedies. Of course I don't expect it to be a masterpiece, but I hope it'll be a fun, relaxing summer film.

Now, you're certainly free to disagree with him. And it's possible that the sequel turns out be a piece of shit. But I think his explanation was clear, no?